The Detroit Auto Show - New Raptor Unveiling Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ricky B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was a little disappointed until I seen it up close at the auto show. It's really not a bad machine. I am old school and will be hanging on to my 14 for a long time because of the V8. Even though it has a V6, I can really appreciate the Ford engineers after looking at the Dodge Rebel Ram. That thing has nothing over the Raptor, except a V8.

Aaron313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just read the new truck is going to be pushing 450hp. Pretty much a 6.2 with a catback, air intake and tune but also 500 pounds lighter so this truck will be quick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just read the new truck is going to be pushing 450hp. Pretty much a 6.2 with a catback, air intake and tune but also 500 pounds lighter so this truck will be quick.

A simple tune can pull A LOT of hp/tq out of turbo motor. Not to mention easy mods like exhaust, intake, intercoolers, etc.

RV67

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Because SVT is now called Ford Performance. It's a global thing now.

200483_340.jpg

Ahh quit your whining......apparently I missed it.

Aaron313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A simple tune can pull A LOT of hp/tq out of turbo motor. Not to mention easy mods like exhaust, intake, intercoolers, etc.

I believe it. Had a 335is as my dd last year and I was looking into getting a tune for it and found that a lot of companies were offering really good power numbers with a tune alone and was good for 30+ ponies. I wonder if any of the upgrades used on the Ford GT will be available through Ford . 6 cylinder 600+hp Raptors sounds interesting

Last edited:

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
People the raptor is a HEAVY truck. You do not want huge HP numbers out of the 6. You will have to give up lots of low end to get the high numbers. On a performance car that is fine, on a truck it will suck. 500hp I am betting is the limit before you start to see it affecting use of the truck.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
People the raptor is a HEAVY truck. You do not want huge HP numbers out of the 6. You will have to give up lots of low end to get the high numbers. On a performance car that is fine, on a truck it will suck. 500hp I am betting is the limit before you start to see it affecting use of the truck.

That's what turbos are for. Flat torque curve. Look at the 3.5 EB currently out.