The Detroit Auto Show - New Raptor Unveiling Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mouldman1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i said this before, with the twin turbo this forum is going to turn into a WRX forum with questions and posts like "does a wastegate make the truck faster", "upgrading to bigger turbos", "Quad turbo kit from RPG now available" and best of all "what boost are you guys running"

If i get one, the first thing i'll do is get rid of the ecocrap engine and drop a ford crate motor.

Then and only then will it be a Raptor.

D

Deleted member 12951

Rear fenders remind me of Tacoma where the bump out in the front vs the whole fender bowing out.

Also, The outside marker lights are now in the wheel flare - anyone have the dimensions on this thing? Is this newer version narrower than the Gen 1?

Said it was 6" wider than Gen1?

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After buying the first 2010 Raptor and hating the new 6 speed transmission trading it in for the 2012 and seeing the improvements Ill be waiting for a year till they get it right :). but a V6 EB with 450Hp and over 500TQ is gonna be nice though

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i said this before, with the twin turbo this forum is going to turn into a WRX forum with questions and posts like "does a wastegate make the truck faster", "upgrading to bigger turbos", "Quad turbo kit from RPG now available" and best of all "what boost are you guys running".

As someone who owns a modded Subaru I can confirm. Most WRX/Subaru communities are very helpful and awesome because everyone is driven towards performance. As long as the FRF mods can keep everything in the right sub-forums I think itll be just fine.