The 2024 37" Package Ripoff

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alockbox

Reaction score
There also the reinforced frame to better handle the 37s and the redesigned rear to accolade a spare 37 while preventing intrusion into the shocks from a rear collision. These two alone would “total” your vehicle if you attempted since it’s modifying the frame on a brand new vehicle. All of this I’ve read on other sites and seen on YouTube videos of the 802a.

I wouldn’t call it a ripoff. I’d say it’s probably 8-9k worth, and yes the rest is extra profit and R&D covering.

BaseModelRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There also the reinforced frame to better handle the 37s and the redesigned rear to accolade a spare 37 while preventing intrusion into the shocks from a rear collision. These two alone would “total” your vehicle if you attempted since it’s modifying the frame on a brand new vehicle. All of this I’ve read on other sites and seen on YouTube videos of the 802a.

I wouldn’t call it a ripoff. I’d say it’s probably 8-9k worth, and yes the rest is extra profit and R&D covering.
This has been covered a few hundred times on this forum since the truck was released. The 37 spare fits with no issue so whatever "change" they made to accommodate the larger tire is as important as blinker fluid and muffler bearings.

Raptor R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have driven both the 35 and 37, 2024 Raptors and there is a noticeable difference. The 802A 37 is far superior.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
If you're trying to justify the package like I did, a quick estimate break down would be as follows:

$4,000 - recaros
$1,000 - carbon interior
$2,000 - 37 wheels
$2,000 - modular front bumper
$2,500 - Fox dual valve shocks
The only problem with this, maybe, is that you are paying full price on the items and not getting a deduction for ditching the standard items.

Raptor tax.

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah thats quite a jump in one sentence....noticeable difference to "far superior". Is that an off road review, or a trip around the block on a test drive? Serious question.

t4arghhh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some people clearly don't understand WHY Ford, Toyota, and basically every other manufacturer offers different trim models of their vehicles LOL. It ain't there for you to tally up all the items and label it a rip off (no shit?). If you can't figure out why someone would purchase a 911 base vs a 911 GT3RS, then you should stick to lower base trims of whatever vehicle you're driving because if you gotta sit there and add up every item and say its a rip off and it makes you mad, that trim ain't for you.

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some people clearly don't understand WHY Ford, Toyota, and basically every other manufacturer offers different trim models of their vehicles LOL. It ain't there for you to tally up all the items and label it a rip off (no shit?). If you can't figure out why someone would purchase a 911 base vs a 911 GT3RS, then you should stick to lower base trims of whatever vehicle you're driving because if you gotta sit there and add up every item and say its a rip off and it makes you mad, that trim ain't for you.
Good point, but thats a bit of an exaggerated example. It would take an enormous amount of time and money to turn a base 911 to a GTS throwing every spec of warranty completely away. No ones tallying up the luxury package on the early gen 3s, you'd come out way behind trying to add all of that yourself. This just happens to be a package that can be mostly solved with a trip to discount tire. The appearance items are subjective anyway. The 37 is a "rip off" hate really has most of its roots in the ADMs that were charged over and above the 35 ADMs from the past. Paying 15-20K over a 35 for a fully loaded 37PP really was a rip off.

BaseModelRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good point, but thats a bit of an exaggerated example. It would take an enormous amount of time and money to turn a base 911 to a GTS throwing every spec of warranty completely away. No ones tallying up the luxury package on the early gen 3s, you'd come out way behind trying to add all of that yourself. This just happens to be a package that can be mostly solved with a trip to discount tire. The appearance items are subjective anyway. The 37 is a "rip off" hate really has most of its roots in the ADMs that were charged over and above the 35 ADMs from the past. Paying 15-20K over a 35 for a fully loaded 37PP really was a rip off.
200w.gif