Texas Raptor Run April 13-15

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whisler151

FRF Addict
Reaction score
:flipthebird: You can keep you ugly tiles too.

Lol

We are having a meeting with our builder in two weeks. I'm thinking we will go with epoxy for the time being and upgrade to tiles later. I got my recessed lighting and in ceiling 5.1 stereo tied to the Control4 system in the garage. We are over budget so I have to give up the tiles in the garage.

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
We are having a meeting with our builder in two weeks. I'm thinking we will go with epoxy for the time being and upgrade to tiles later. I got my recessed lighting and in ceiling 5.1 stereo tied to the Control4 system in the garage. We are over budget so I have to give up the tiles in the garage.

The Epoxy with the flakes looks good. It just shows tire marks like crazy. We had the tan with black, white, and brown flakes. Looked great, when it was clean. Some kind of tiles would work better. Even the ones that click together.
My vote is just do a muratic acid wash and seal the concrete

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ohh...Little word of advice.

Those paint flecks in the epoxy...don't add them if you are going to do actual work in your garage. When you drop something small, say a washer, or small nut..you'll never find em.

whisler151

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The Epoxy with the flakes looks good. It just shows tire marks like crazy. We had the tan with black, white, and brown flakes. Looked great, when it was clean. Some kind of tiles would work better. Even the ones that click together

I dont like the ones that click together. I would want nice stone or hardened ceramic tiles put together with a dark grout.

Being that we are already over budget with all the add ons that come with building a house ($10k for a gadam kitchen backsplash???), I think I'll stick with epoxy and up grade later.

Last edited:

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
I dont like the ones that click together. I would want nice stone or hardened ceramic tiles put together with a dark grout.

Being that we are already over budget with all the add ons that come with building a house ($10k for a gadam kitchen backsplash???), I think I'll stick with epoxy and up grade later.

I hear that. We are building right now. Our range alone is over 6 grand. The vent for it was like $1200