Texas Raptor Run April 13-15

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hotels/Motels:

Holiday Inn Express (36 mi) - The official hotel of the Texana National
300 SE Georgia Avenue, Sweetwater, TX
(325) 235-3500 Ask for Texana National Discount!

McWhorter's Live Oak Lodge (6 mi)
143 Sweet Road, Blackwell, TX 79506-3013 (325) 282-3071 Leave Oma a message.
$50 - $65 per night. No frills lodging. 9 units. On Oak Creek Lake. No Pets.

Country Inn (14 mi)
201 S State, Bronte, TX 76933 (325) 473-3911 Leave a message
$48 - $54 per night. No frills lodging. 11 units.

Other Sweetwater Hotels:

Country Hearth Inn http://www.countryhearthsweetwater.com/
(325) 235-5234

Ranch House Hotel and Restaurant http://sweetwaterranchhouse.com/
(325) 236-6341

Best Western Inns and Suites
(325) 236-6512

Sleep Check Inn http://www.sweetwaterlodging.com/
(325) 235-4853

La Quinta Inn Sweetwater
(325) 236-6887

-Greg

Last edited:

tikicult

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DUDE! Tell them ya twisted your ankle and get out west damnit! You can run whenever ya want, there are only a few events for us texas raptors close enogh to attend. This will become an annual evint I would bet! Come on, man up and screw the run. PRIORATIES IN LIFE!
BDRAG

Yeah, but marathons are also in the same boat. There are very few that fit with my schedule. Besides, I've already committed to it. Its tough balancing all my hobbies!

OP
OP
treypal

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
Good work on the rooms. I've stated at McHorters. It's close but I've stayed at better motels in Mexico.

As far as food. I may bring my competition pit out, and we could cook some briskets for Saturday night.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good work on the rooms. I've stated at McHorters. It's close but I've stayed at better motels in Mexico.

As far as food. I may bring my competition pit out, and we could cook some briskets for Saturday night.

No problem, have some spare time waiting for my Raptor to leave "ramp 59" blackhole. I'll work on food joints tonight..

-Greg

OP
OP
treypal

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
I wonder if Raptor Expeditions would be interested in sponsoring our run?

dunno. Baja Racing of Texas is putting on the run, so they would have to get in touch with their guy. My hunch is that those expeditions are going to stay west coast.

CineSLR

Roaming Shutterbug
Reaction score

Sounds awesome to me! I believe that is peak crawfish season too... If people want to pitch in and do low country boil one night, I could bring some fresh crawfish and a pot/burner for whoever wants some!

Is the pre/post scenic trip still happening? Dubs? SNK?

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds awesome to me! I believe that is peak crawfish season too... If people want to pitch in and do low country boil one night, I could bring some fresh crawfish and a pot/burner for whoever wants some!

Is the pre/post scenic trip still happening? Dubs? SNK?

Big Bend & Terlingua? Depends on how much time you have and the gun range possibly. I won't be down any earlier because I am staying in Texas afterwards and not going home.