Tailgate step install?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think we’re all thinking different things here.

Jen Too: tailgate step was like... $150? manual / mechanical.
Jen Tres, at least ’21 - ’22 - maybe ’23 - Fancy electronic tailgate which was optionally married to the moonroof.

I saw a 24 advertised w/o a moonroof but, apparently had the manual tailgate? did not lay eyes on it, but it said it had the tailgate step.
@24 MY owners: what’s the deal?
I didn't know they changed the tailgate.

Highwayman

Reaction score

Jen Tres, at least ’21 - ’22 - maybe ’23 - Fancy electronic tailgate which was optionally married to the moonroof.

I saw a 24 advertised w/o a moonroof but, apparently had the manual tailgate? did not lay eyes on it, but it said it had the tailgate step.

Yes. Thats one of the things that I didn't like about the 23 was the step required the moonroof package. I honestly didn't want the moonroof, but did want the step. Though the moonroof.was definitely not a deal breaker.

I later read 24s the step can be purchased without the moonroof.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
There’s a black 24 at the local stealership. if I get time, I’ll take a look.

Finlay150

Full Access Member
Reaction score

They made a bunch of stuff standard on 24s.

The tailgate step, 2kW generator, interior work surface, rear seat storage and (edit) graphics are all standard now. Every Raptor gets them.

Ford made a lot of previous options standard equipment across all trim levels for the 24s. Your ability to pick and choose this or that is all but gone regardless of trim. It's part of Farley's push to stop being #1 in recalls/repairs/etc. Time will tell.

Last edited: