Sync Update Won't Initiate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VELOCIE

Reaction score
I updated mine through WiFi.
After seeing all these YouTube videos, it was the easiest thing to do.
1. Park your car near your router. in my case, my driveway is next to the room where my router is located.
2. Connect to Wifi.
3. Scan for update. Give it a few minutes and it will start downloading the update.
4. step away for a while and when you come back it will be up to date. You do not need to have the car on. In my case I left it overnight and in the morning when I turn my truck back on it was up to date with the newest software.

Now, Just plug to a Bluetooth device and you are wireless. NO wire needed to connect to CarPlay.

OP
OP
hunter031789

hunter031789

Reaction score
BUT WAIT, there's more! I left my WIFI auto-update on and a couple of days after I updated via USB I saw the update icon again and clicked it to find out my truck had done a WIFI update overnight! I checked the version and it still showed the same version as I had updated with the USB drive. So I checked again after restarting the truck and sure enough it had updated, but it had reverted back to version 3.0.19205, which was the version I had before I updated via USB drive :rolleyes: .... So I am going to turn off Wifi updates and just periodically update via USB.

Nacho226

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have version 3.0.17276 tried updating it using Cyanlabs auto installer and also tried manually but both times I get a "Installation Paused" error that states "USB storage device has been changed or removed. Installation will resume when the device is re-inserted". I bought a brand new Sandisk USB with 128 gigs just for this. I also double checked the format of the USB (ExFat) and its correct. Guess I'll have to stay with my old Sync 3.0