How To Sway bar removal, DIY

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

verytalonted

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just took mine off!!!

The little 8mm and 18mm at the same time was a little tricky until I figured it out, LOL

And the heat shield was a little PITA, but super easy to do and 100% reversible.

I will report back with any differences I notice.

gordhunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mines been off for a month now and is not going back on even tows just fine without it

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

xBX

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So what are the pros and cons...

Conejoracer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, maybe I'll use the sway bar mounts and find a bar to keep the frame stiffened from twisting up in the front. I understand the purpose of the sway bar is for no sway but at the same time, it has to still give the frame support. This thought hasn't passed through a few of you guys heads ?? Every

12' Race Red Raptor SCAB (Loaded to the max!)
SCABS are faster!!
08' SeaDoo RXP-X Clockin' 80+ GPS

As the sway bar is bushing mounted, and the metal bushing support material
Is pretty thin, I can't see the swaybar itself offering any frame strengthening support.

Conejoracer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So what are the pros and cons...

Pro; Smoother ride off road, somewhat smoother ride on road.
Con; more body lean in the corners, truck may sit lower one one side or the other depending on the weight of the driver/passenger, in emergency maneuvers the truck may not react fast enough.

That said, I've been driving lifted rock crawlers and prerunners for years without swaybars and generally prefer my trucks that way.
There are many aftermarket swaybars that can be adapted with some fabrication to fit Raptors.
The benefit of this type of swaybar is that they are adjustable- they can be run very stiff or very loose. This gives the owner the chance to set the bar to meet their driving and comfort needs.
Almost ALL trophy trucks and class 1 cars run some type of sway bar, so it is possible to have maximum wheel travel, a comfortable ride, and some degree of sway control.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
Question...can I remove the end links and leave the bar in place? Will the sway bar flop around without the end links attached? It's hot out and I don't want to lay on the black asphalt...

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Question...can I remove the end links and leave the bar in place? Will the sway bar flop around without the end links attached? It's hot out and I don't want to lay on the black asphalt...

It will flop around.. you can tie it up.. Or in the time it takes to do all that, you could remove the whole thing..

-Greg