Suntek Satin PPF 2023 Black Agate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BaseModelRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes, but when you are above 3ft. Tall, you have to step up on the step to get out while ducking to not hit your head. The factory steps either scratch your calves when sliding out of the truck or you need to pull an acrobatic move to get out of you aren’t an emasculative size.
My whole family has no idea of what you're talking about. The steps are there for you to use so you don't "slide" out of the truck. Remember you told me they're steps and not sliders? Anyway enjoy your superior power steps.

OP
OP
H

hyrepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My whole family has no idea of what you're talking about. The steps are there for you to use so you don't "slide" out of the truck. Remember you told me they're steps and not sliders? Anyway enjoy your superior power steps.
Lol, damn dude, I wasn’t trying to create an argument. I wasn’t making fun of for being short, maybe the steps work good for short dudes. My wife is 5’0” and she didn’t mind them, but even she likes the amps better as they drop down lower.

cyle

Reaction score
Lol, damn dude, I wasn’t trying to create an argument. I wasn’t making fun of for being short, maybe the steps work good for short dudes. My wife is 5’0” and she didn’t mind them, but even she likes the amps better as they drop down lower.
The steps also work for the purposeful door-dinging folks of D.C. I couldn't imagine living without my chewed up OEM steps. The doors would look AWFUL.

Satin agate looks nice.

BaseModelRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You're making up imaginary scenarios to justify the Amps. All you need to say is you like them better. I can think of and have stated several where they're not better but as long as you and your wife like them then that doesn't matter. Form over function. It's the same reason why 37 package owners buy their trucks solely to go to Starbucks.

Saying you slide out of a truck and scratch your calves and that the static steps are "clunky" just makes you sound ridiculous.

Btw no one here is short.

OP
OP
H

hyrepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not really firm over functional at all in my case. Having to duck down to stand up on the OEM steps so I don’t hit my head on the roof is a pain in the ass. I’ve had many people I’ve spoke to say the same.

If you want sliders, the OEM steps won’t work very well for that is all I was saying. The amps defininately aren’t as strong as the OEM steps, but that is good to me as I’d rather damage my steps, than my cab from a strong OEM step not budging

Gen3Rappy

Reaction score
Normally people will pick the perfect background with their truck all shiny and their tires all Jerry curled up, Not me

The first pic is after I installed some Amp power steps. Looks way better without those clunky ass OEM steps and more ground clearance.
Looks great! How you doing with all the rocks that get kicked from the tires? Mine kicks up a lot and they get blocked by the step rails from causing body damage.

Gen3Rappy

Reaction score
I like the satin PPF

On my last Raptor, I put AMP steps on. I think they look better. About a month later I got the worst door ding of my life. Also, I got a lot more scratches from rocks being flung off the tires.

Won’t be doing AMPs on this truck
lol you just answered my question about this to the OP. I had AMP on a lifted f150 and they worked great, but got dings and scratches all over the bottom door sections. I’m sticking with the protection from factory steps this time as well. I do like the look with no steps better. Wish there was a way

FoxNotch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol you just answered my question about this to the OP. I had AMP on a lifted f150 and they worked great, but got dings and scratches all over the bottom door sections. I’m sticking with the protection from factory steps this time as well. I do like the look with no steps better. Wish there was a way
I’m with this guy, I can’t imagine how many rock chips and dirt would be on the truck without the factory steps. They really keep it clean, i like the look without them too, but function over looks for me.

OP, it’s your truck, do what you wish.