Stupid Things People Say About Raptors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tbonemcniel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've gotten all the same stuff ya'll already mentioned, mainly at work (I'm a consultant/company man in the oil field, so my truck is parked right by the door to my mobile home on site), so everyone who comes on my location, has to come in and sign in, and walk right past the truck, usually with their head to the side, staring at it.

Them: "Is that your Raptor outside?"
Me: "Yes"
Them: "That's a really nice truck"
Me: "Thanks"

Then it goes one of a few ways,

Them: "Is it fast like people say?"
Me: "Umm, yeah, for a stock truck, it moves pretty good, but my definition of fast is different than most peoples" (See sig, 700hp Lightning)

Them: "I've been thinking about getting one, what kind of gas mileage does it get?"
Me: "If THAT is your first question, it's not the truck for you, trust me."

Them: "I thought about getting one, but got that Dodge/Chevy/F-150 instead"
Me: "Should have got the Raptor"

Them: "Wow, those things are like $75k right?"
Me: "They cost whatever you pay the dealer. Sticker on mine was 56k."
Them: "Then why do people say they cost so much? Is yours a base model?"
Me: "I have no idea why people pay that much, mines only missing Blue Accent Interior"

Them: "Is the suspension as good as people say?"
Me: "Yup"

Then, one more, I had an ex co-worker on location for me, and I had to RUSH down the road to another well site, where there was a bit of a fire. I told him to hop in, and we ripped down that dirt lease road. And as you guys know, the faster you go down those roads, the less you feel. And we probably hit 90mph, running about 70mph most of the short trip. Anyway, we get back, and he says, "Wow, that rides better than my wife's Escalade! I think I'll get her one of these, cause they ride so good. But not the Raptor, just like an F-150 Lariat."

My reply: "Dude, the whole damn point of the Raptor is the suspension. This suspension doesn't come in any other truck! Only in a Raptor! Do you have any idea what a Raptor is? Not just a fender/grill/wheel/tire package!"

Lol

Harblar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3 Days after getting it I was going trough a Mc Donalds drive-thru at about 2 am.

Kid taking the money says, "That's a pretty nice truck... for a Ford."

Really? You're working the late shift at Mcdonalds on a Sunday night and you're honestly going to try to have this argument in the drive-thru. ok...:challenge:

"So what do you drive, that's so much better than Ford?"

"I'm GMC guy!"

"Ah... I thought about a GMC (I really didn't), but I figured I've already been forced to spend enough of my hard earned dollars to subsidize GM at a 20+ billion dollar tax payer loss. Figured I was much better off going with the option that didn't require public funds to build."

"
+_b80af70e_2d7a_3947.png
... Please pull ahead."

"I'm in a Raptor, son! I'm always ahead!" :troll3:

" :rage: "

mrmojoz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Them: "Wow, those things are like $75k right?"
Me: "They cost whatever you pay the dealer. Sticker on mine was 56k."
Them: "Then why do people say they cost so much? Is yours a base model?"
Me: "I have no idea why people pay that much, mines only missing Blue Accent Interior"

They've heard about things like the Hennessy Raptor on Top Gear which did cost that much and they don't know the difference.

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Haha yea and thanks to top gear I get the occasional " dude did you get the velociraptor?"
Haha I always tell them no I got the T-Rex package though! They don't ask any questions after that haha

---------- Post added at 09:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 AM ----------

I've had a few people ask me if I upgraded my shocks (no I have stock shocks on still) I ask them what made them think I did that haha they look kinda confused and say "cause those are fox shock" I reply with nope sorry my trucks so bad ass they come stock with the raptor!

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine gets a ton of positive attention at the pump.
I've never really gotten a dumb comment, but I have corrected several people that have pointed at my gold 3.0s and/or other various mods and say something along the lines of "they all come with all that stuff."

....Nope.

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yup same here I had one guy tell me that the raptor came with these leaf springs(national) I had to correct him and say no they come with wimpy leafs

---------- Post added at 09:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 AM ----------

I've had a few guys ask me why I had a DVD player mounted on my dash haha talking about my Lawrence on the outlaw mount

---------- Post added at 09:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 AM ----------

Some of the best comments I've heard people say was when I'd be in a store or something and my trucks parked outside and ill hear them start talking about my truck " oh shit dude do you see that raptor out there?" They start talking shot about it haha I've walked up to these two guys once and just said "yea those trucks are giant pieces of shit the guy that drives it must think he's some bad ass" and just walk away haha then they watch me walk out laughing as I climb in and drive off PRICELESS!

JuggNuttz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
best compliment i ever got was from my nephews friend (the one who came to the chicago meet this last time). during the summer i pull up to my sisters house, it was real nice outside so i had all the windows down and the moonroof open, blasting some Judas Priest (Painkiller). Keegan sticks his head out the door and waves to me as im closing up. i get to the door and all i hear is "the coolest" my nephew "what is?" "your uncle, hes the coolest person ever!"

:win: