Stupid Things People Say About Raptors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
rasco

rasco

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've gotten all the same stuff ya'll already mentioned, mainly at work (I'm a consultant/company man in the oil field, so my truck is parked right by the door to my mobile home on site), so everyone who comes on my location, has to come in and sign in, and walk right past the truck, usually with their head to the side, staring at it.

Them: "Is that your Raptor outside?"
Me: "Yes"
Them: "That's a really nice truck"
Me: "Thanks"

Then it goes one of a few ways,

Them: "Is it fast like people say?"
Me: "Umm, yeah, for a stock truck, it moves pretty good, but my definition of fast is different than most peoples" (See sig, 700hp Lightning)

Them: "I've been thinking about getting one, what kind of gas mileage does it get?"
Me: "If THAT is your first question, it's not the truck for you, trust me."

Them: "I thought about getting one, but got that Dodge/Chevy/F-150 instead"
Me: "Should have got the Raptor"

Them: "Wow, those things are like $75k right?"
Me: "They cost whatever you pay the dealer. Sticker on mine was 56k."
Them: "Then why do people say they cost so much? Is yours a base model?"
Me: "I have no idea why people pay that much, mines only missing Blue Accent Interior"

Them: "Is the suspension as good as people say?"
Me: "Yup"

Then, one more, I had an ex co-worker on location for me, and I had to RUSH down the road to another well site, where there was a bit of a fire. I told him to hop in, and we ripped down that dirt lease road. And as you guys know, the faster you go down those roads, the less you feel. And we probably hit 90mph, running about 70mph most of the short trip. Anyway, we get back, and he says, "Wow, that rides better than my wife's Escalade! I think I'll get her one of these, cause they ride so good. But not the Raptor, just like an F-150 Lariat."

My reply: "Dude, the whole damn point of the Raptor is the suspension. This suspension doesn't come in any other truck! Only in a Raptor! Do you have any idea what a Raptor is? Not just a fender/grill/wheel/tire package!"

Lol

Who do work for?
I'm a drilling consultant in Midland.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had a delivery guy say, Nice Rapture! I was going to buy one until I heard about all the problems they are having with them,
Did your Truck come that way from Ford or did you do all that.
Some guy looked at the 6.2L badge and said, Oh! it's a Diesel?
When I first brought the truck home my neighbour says, You'r starting to Scare me now!
Are you Compensating for something with that big truck?

HoustonRider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have to say, a few years back it was much weirder.

"WTF is that?" was pretty common, so was people distracted when you are riding down the freeway.

RaptorAddict.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I heard the ********* thing the other day. This is no joke and I'm afraid this is what this world is training the next generation to be like.

I parked in a plaza and there was a 6 year old kid and his mom. The kid says "WOW mom! I want a truck like that!" The mother says... NO NO NO! That pollutes our environment. They call that a gas guzzler."

This really got under my skin. So I called her some Left-Wing names I will not mention and got on my way.

Seriously, what's wrong with people? They're a bunch of boring asses that have nothing better to do but complain.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
heck I didn't even realize. I just knew it had good suspension from the specks so I bought it. was doing the paper work after I ordered it I had to ask the salesman what svt stood for.

---------- Post added at 02:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

I heard the ********* thing the other day. This is no joke and I'm afraid this is what this world is training the next generation to be like.

I parked in a plaza and there was a 6 year old kid and his mom. The kid says "WOW mom! I want a truck like that!" The mother says... NO NO NO! That pollutes our environment. They call that a gas guzzler."

This really got under my skin. So I called her some Left-Wing names I will not mention and got on my way.

Seriously, what's wrong with people? They're a bunch of boring asses that have nothing better to do but complain.

tell her you put e-30 in it so no more pollution haha.
that I hear a lot you put e-30 in that it's going to wreck it lol I have vehicles with over 100,000 mile on them running e-30 lol.

RaptorAddict.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
heck I didn't even realize. I just knew it had good suspension from the specks so I bought it. was doing the paper work after I ordered it I had to ask the salesman what svt stood for.

---------- Post added at 02:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

tell her you put e-30 in it so no more pollution haha.
that I hear a lot you put e-30 in that it's going to wreck it lol I have vehicles with over 100,000 mile on them running e-30 lol.

Yeah. It also has the i6.2L from Apple. It's electric and has a cool app to create your own engine and exhaust sounds.