Stop center console tray from sliding around?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ravis22

Reaction score
Maybe a stupid question, but anyone have a good way to keep the drawer inside center console from sliding around? Whenever I turn, not even sharp turns, the tray slides back and forth. Not a big deal but kind of annoying. It’s nice to be able to slide it when looking for something further down inside, but it slides too easily. Any hacks to make it slide less easily?

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Maybe a stupid question, but anyone have a good way to keep the drawer inside center console from sliding around? Whenever I turn, not even sharp turns, the tray slides back and forth. Not a big deal but kind of annoying. It’s nice to be able to slide it when looking for something further down inside, but it slides too easily. Any hacks to make it slide less easily?
You need to spray something sticky around the edges of the opening. Maybe @Oldfart can help. :D

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you are also in the market for a gun safe, the E&G Console Safe takes the left half for the safe and the other side is for the drawer. The drawer then will fit in tight and not move, but you can still lift it out and use the space underneath. It's a real nice addition, even if you just use it for valuables. I got mine from Nick at @Nick@Apollo-Optics.

Reaction score
Had the same problem when I bought mine. I went to Vatozone and picked up some black door edge trim. Cut it to length and put it over the edge the tray sits in.

I can post pics in the am.

Stormtrooper

Raptor R
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Or go with a Dometic Center Console Fridge! I installed one in my R, Super Duty and Lightning. They’re great and I always have cold drinks.

HAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is what I posted regarding this last year.

R,
HAP