SPV Rigid Fog light install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FRaptorArg

Reaction score
¡¡Buenas fotos!! ¡Gracias por compartir esos!
Estoy tan feliz de que te haya gustado tu kit, y fue fácil de instalar. No me molestaste ni un poco. De hecho, me hiciste reír mucho con tus llamadas ayer. (Me estabas canalizando seriamente algunas vibraciones de Bill Murray, por lo que tu foto de perfil encaja bastante).

No dude en volver a comunicarse si alguna vez tiene alguna pregunta o si solo quiere saludar. ¡Ha sido un placer absoluto ayudarte con la iluminación, Dwight!

-Sidney @ Partes SPV
(317) 934-6778
Hi , if i want to change the 2 pairs. Wich Series do you recommend? 1 pair Pro Driving ( more lummens and distance ) and the other pair? not sure if spot or Flood. I Have a Gen3 2022 .

Specialtyperformanceparts

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hi , if i want to change the 2 pairs. Wich Series do you recommend? 1 pair Pro Driving ( more lummens and distance ) and the other pair? not sure if spot or Flood. I Have a Gen3 2022 .

I would say one driving and one flood. The spot is long and narrow and if you want that instead of the flood, thats fine, but overall I think you would get more coverage with a Driving and a Flood.

John

FRaptorArg

Reaction score
I would say one driving and one flood. The spot is long and narrow and if you want that instead of the flood, thats fine, but overall I think you would get more coverage with a Driving and a Flood.

John
ok thank you. im not sure if 1 pair Driving and 1 Pro Spot. or like you say 1 Pro Driving and i PRo Flood. have you offers for Forum members?

Last edited:

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Sounds good!

I actually only have one flood set left on hand (not that we can't get them, just it may have a slight delay) For some reason weve had several people all the sudden order the same combos over the past 2 days again and again.. lol. I have several Driving and spots. Still one more flood too!

But actually, As I think about it. If you want MAX Brightness The Baja S2 PRO would give you the MOST and you can also get their NEW SAE light as an option.

So in the Rigid SRM,
The Driving Pair is 2,376 lumens each. The Flood is 1,584 lumens each for a total of 7,920 lumens

In The Baja S2 Pro ALL Pros are 2,245 lumens Each. So you end up with 8,980 lumens total

In the Baja Pro, I would probably do a driving combo and a wide cornering

But either is a great choice.

Here are a couple videos-

Rigid-

Baja-

Hopefully I didn't confuse you!

John

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I sucked up WAY too much of Sidney and John's time via DM here going over the right options for me. Then today I really probably made them want to close up shop completely when I harassed them twice over "missing" items from the shipment that ultimately just turned out to be me being a scatter brained moron. Sorry again to them for that! These two are saints.
Emphasis mine and absolutely 100% agreed. My phone auto-suggests to call John and Sidney whenever I bring up the phone app if that tells you anything! Couldn't recommend @Specialtyperformanceparts more if I tried. They're phenomenal.

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Emphasis mine and absolutely 100% agreed. My phone auto-suggests to call John and Sidney whenever I bring up the phone app if that tells you anything! Couldn't recommend @Specialtyperformanceparts more if I tried. They're phenomenal.
I love it! That's hilarious! You must have a "smart phone." (Cheesy pun intended-Haha!)

You guys are honestly welcome to call me anytime! Even if you just want to say Hi!

Whether you have a problem, a question, or you're just bored, I promise it's never a bother for me to hear from you. ;)

I swear we have the greatest customers out there. You all are the best!

-Sidney @ SPV Parts
(317) 934-6778

Swacer_2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been considering going back to the large cubes that i had on my 2014, but the price has been quite restricting.

If I was to just replace the Aux 1 lights with SR-fogs, how much light output increase am I looking at over the OEM light that is in there? Is it enough to justify the cost?

I saw that the OP put the driving lights and put the yellow covers over them. Is that the preferred setup for fog driving? Plus, $500 for 1 small pair of lights...I'd hope its a large improvement.

Syberspace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ended up gutting one pair and installing the guts of a new driving SR-M pro in the original factory housing. I wanted to keep the factory wiring and adjustability. I know... SPV has the adaptors and everything, but i was early in making my mods and they were not available at that time.
Just having a pro SR-L driving in the inner set, makes a HUGE difference in light output. I will see if I can do a comparison and post the difference between the two.
Definitely worth the effort to install new lights there, even if they are the SR-M pro or other likes sized lights SPV has.

Last edited:

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have been considering going back to the large cubes that i had on my 2014, but the price has been quite restricting.

If I was to just replace the Aux 1 lights with SR-fogs, how much light output increase am I looking at over the OEM light that is in there? Is it enough to justify the cost?

I saw that the OP put the driving lights and put the yellow covers over them. Is that the preferred setup for fog driving? Plus, $500 for 1 small pair of lights...I'd hope its a large improvement.
The difference is definitely huge... but you are not just getting one small pair of lights for $500--that's the "kit" price. The Rigid SR-M OEM Upgrade Kit for one pair of Driving lights is on sale for $498.74 currently, but that includes your brackets and wiring for upgrading to one pair to the true Rigid SR-M Driving lights. The Driving version is more expensive than the Flood or the Spot because it is almost double the lumen count (brightness). If you upgraded one pair to a Flood or Spot pair instead of the Driving, the cost would only be $346.74 at its current sale price.
But again, it's not just the cost of the light pair, that is for the entire upgrade kit, including the brackets and wiring.

Here is the link to that kit again if you want to take a look and toggle through the prices for the different options.

Also, if you want to talk through the options and ask any questions you may have, please give me a call or text me.
My direct cell number is (317) 934-6778, and I would be happy to assist you in any way I can.

I hope to hear from you soon!

Thanks!
-Sidney @ SPV Parts

Swacer_2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The difference is definitely huge... but you are not just getting one small pair of lights for $500--that's the "kit" price. The Rigid SR-M OEM Upgrade Kit for one pair of Driving lights is on sale for $498.74 currently, but that includes your brackets and wiring for upgrading to one pair to the true Rigid SR-M Driving lights. The Driving version is more expensive than the Flood or the Spot because it is almost double the lumen count (brightness). If you upgraded one pair to a Flood or Spot pair instead of the Driving, the cost would only be $346.74 at its current sale price.
But again, it's not just the cost of the light pair, that is for the entire upgrade kit, including the brackets and wiring.

Here is the link to that kit again if you want to take a look and toggle through the prices for the different options.

Also, if you want to talk through the options and ask any questions you may have, please give me a call or text me.
My direct cell number is (317) 934-6778, and I would be happy to assist you in any way I can.

I hope to hear from you soon!

Thanks!
-Sidney @ SPV Parts

Thank you, I will reach out, as I have more questions (still considering full cubes, and would like to kill off the fog switch).