Software Updates

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Oct 21 build here...was about to give in and go to the dealer, but to my surprise I got the notification from FordPass this weekend saying I got the 3.5.3 update. I had asked over on the F150 forum and I guess there was a previous attempt in January. Apparently second or third try's the charm. Been parked in the garage connected to wifi, which I still can't tell if it matters or not

View attachment 404080
Good deal...you’re on your way! The last update I received was 3.5.4/Support for two Bluetooth phones simultaneously.

Z7What

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a FYI up until last week i was under the impression that 23031 Rev 713 was the latest update but a buddy picked up a 23 Raptor Wednesday and its currently at 23045 Rev 732.

Wayne

engineer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there some magical trick to getting software updates to work? I've accepted the latest update it keeps telling me I need to do. Connected it to Wi-Fi, turned automatic updates on, and days later still nothing. Meanwhile the Ford app keeps telling me there's an available update.

Hemmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there some magical trick to getting software updates to work? I've accepted the latest update it keeps telling me I need to do. Connected it to Wi-Fi, turned automatic updates on, and days later still nothing. Meanwhile the Ford app keeps telling me there's an available update.
Set a day and a time for the updates to happen. Usually a day and time when the truck is not in use for a long period of time like overnight.

engineer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Set a day and a time for the updates to happen. Usually a day and time when the truck is not in use for a long period of time like overnight.
I did that a few days ago. Connected to wifi, set it to automatically update every day at 4am, and after 3 straight days of opportunities to update it still hasn’t updated.

I’m trying to force an update before our month long road trip because of the stories I’ve heard about random updates bricking vehicles.

Stan G

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did that a few days ago. Connected to wifi, set it to automatically update every day at 4am, and after 3 straight days of opportunities to update it still hasn’t updated.

I’m trying to force an update before our month long road trip because of the stories I’ve heard about random updates bricking vehicles.
I'm there with you, no updates since day 1

engineer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm there with you, no updates since day 1
So yesterday I got sick of waiting and turned off automatic updates since we're going on a long road trip and I don't want my truck bricked by a random update.

One hour later I get a message on the app on my phone that my truck has updated. Got inside and confirmed that full screen CarPlay is an option now, so it did actually update.

I am very confused.

NJ2020

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So yesterday I got sick of waiting and turned off automatic updates since we're going on a long road trip and I don't want my truck bricked by a random update.

One hour later I get a message on the app on my phone that my truck has updated. Got inside and confirmed that full screen CarPlay is an option now, so it did actually update.

I am very confused.
Good chance it was in process already. Was it after a long drive? I’m told turning off automatic updates doesn’t really turn it off (it still pings Ford’s servers and downloads updates and will prompt for install - if it doesn’t glitch out).

Still getting regular OTA on my 2021 and it’s always after a decent drive, I don’t connect to WiFi at all for reference.

engineer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good chance it was in process already. Was it after a long drive? I’m told turning off automatic updates doesn’t really turn it off (it still pings Ford’s servers and downloads updates and will prompt for install - if it doesn’t glitch out).

Still getting regular OTA on my 2021 and it’s always after a decent drive, I don’t connect to WiFi at all for reference.
Nope. It was sitting in my driveway for two days and then I went for a 10 minute drive, parked, and it updated.

It did not prompt me to install either.