so if you haven't ordered already - what to get?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2011SuperCrew

Reaction score
I really like the looks of the '17 Superduty and I've had decent luck with the 6.7L, but what I really want is a truck like the Powerwagon with front and rear lockers, disconnecting swaybar and a Cummins.

Call up AEV and order a Prospector XL. They offer everything you say you want...db368ca826c85810ba45bf396e73b285.jpg

0b0b1711fda4ae0ad54c44268fac36cb.jpg

fca1671e7f4122f3d98b4321fcf18feb.jpg

dca9a2e1b0df4b6661d653181a6aebf4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bombsquad68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Call up AEV and order a Prospector XL. They offer everything you say you want..
They're only running Bilstein 5100's, and doesn't say anything about lockers or disconnecting sway bar. AEV stuff is pricey and that Aussie outback look isn't my thing.

You can build something that will kick ass offroad with a diesel Ram or Superduty if you use Carli or Thuren stuff, but I'd like a factory version with a warranty. My old battleaxe gets the job done but she's seen 10 years and 250k miles of hard offroad use and more than double the factory power.

I would love Ford or Dodge to go long-arm 3" lift with Fox or King shocks, 35-37" tires, some bigger fenders with Raptor-like looks and full lockers. Or a diesel GM with a thorough beefing of their IFS and the same options.

carli%202014%20ram%20kits.jpg

Last edited:

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
Where did those fenders come from?

Fiberwerx

---------- Post added at 10:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 PM ----------

If you want a Raptor I don't see how spending any amount of money on a Platinum F150 helps you out.

Because that Platinum F150 with the RPG setup is a lot more truck than a Raptor.

nitronate33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Myself I am just waiting until spring. I was going to be that first guy here to place my order, but the insanity of finding a deal and having to take a road trip for it was an irritation. Then we got our loan to build our new home and that prevents me from purchasing a car until the house is built and final mortgage set. So our new home saved me from over paying. Things will calm down next year, and driving my old clunker another 6-9 months will save as much as 1K a month. That is a good investment.

As far as buying something else...That just is not how it works. I choose a vehicle every 12-15 years and buy what I want. I also buy what I see as the best off-road package and overall truck I can find. And that currently is the Raptor. Substituting something less unique, with less capability so I don't have to wait a few months is not for me. It blows me away here how many on this forum trade in there trucks every few years and cant wait to do so. If it was a Ram I would understand. But I make a bad investment every 12-15yrs in a new truck then drive it into the ground to maximize the bad investment at least. Not trade in every few years losing thousands.

i feel your pain. i have a 2004 subaru wrx that got totalled by hail damage and i bought it back cause it runs great with low miles and cosmetic issues don't matter to me at this point. the point is, i still love the car and don't mind driving it another year or two if i have to. i will absolutely get what i want for the price i want, period. patience is key.

HOWEVER, i feel that the ford experience is really going downhill. my dealership experience has progressively gotten worse over the years and it's really starting to **** me off. i've been to nissan/infiniti/chevy/toyota dealers in the last few years and they are all better than the ford dealers. even the crappy chevy dealer near my house has changed its tune and they had a beautiful Z06 in the showroom for STICKER! not sure what is going on with ford but i don't like it.