SnoBall Preparations?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
carlschmarl2

carlschmarl2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's a good inexpensive radio to get?

It's not on the "required" list of items, so is it really necessary or more of a luxury/novelty item to have?

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I believe they will be mandatory this year since they are for havoc.

There's ongoing threads about radios search and read my friend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's a good inexpensive radio to get?

It's not on the "required" list of items, so is it really necessary or more of a luxury/novelty item to have?

Yes, having a Radio is required/critical for trail details and communication.

If your looking for an inexpensive option you will want a handheld. Once GLRE (Great Lakes Raptor Excursions) starts a new thread for the Snoball, send a PM to either Jason or Mark, as they sell them...

oh, and you don't need a helmet.

The one inexpensive item I suggest bringing is a pair of yellow shooting glasses....Makes a HUGE difference for visability in a snow covered world.

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am trying to figure out how the wife's company will let us claim mileage instead of renting a car in November so I can get a fix in before. Mandan Loop is calling my name

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Same here. Got mid perch done and getting freedom motorsports to quote me some lights. I guess I will be needing a radio if they will become mandatory.

BTW, not only does GLRE sell handheld and mounted radios, but both versions come pre-programmed with all of the channels required for all Raptor Runs...