GEN 1 Slip on rocker panel confusion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gusser

Reaction score
Greetings Raptor Faitful,

I am preparing to replace the rusted outer rocker panels on my 2011 screw. The middle and inner rockers are good so slip on's should suffice.

Many aftermarket panel companies only offer tin-can thin 22 gauge slip on covers. However, I found LMC truck has them in 19 gauge, albeit at twice the price of the thin ones, but well worth the expense for the extra robustness.

Slip-On Rocker Panels​

Without Raptor Package
2009-14 F150

1722020823026.png

I was getting ready to order both side panels and noted the words "without raptor package" and no listed options for slip on's for a gen 1 raptor.
I was under the impression that the cab section including rocker panels in a gen 1 raptor is identical to the standard same gen f150.
Perhaps the raptor's front wheel fender flares require a bit of trimming at the front of the panel...otherwise I can't fathom why the standard f150 panels for the same year won' fit. :hmm:

I've sent an inquiry to lmc truck but havent received a response so thought i'd post here.
Thanks in advance.
:happy160:

OP
OP
gusser

gusser

Reaction score
Great. Thanks for the confirmation Irregular F150.
Mill supply has a great rep, but their slip ons are only 22 gauge, which motivated my research. The screw is about $53 at Mill Supply. LMC is $99 but is 18-19 gauge (they couldn't give me a definite thickness :hmm: )
:favorites13:

OP
OP
gusser

gusser

Reaction score
I see you are looking at the full rocker/cab corner kit from Mill Supply. I believe they are closer to 19 gauge but not sure. Didn't research the full rockers..only the slip ons.
Good luck with your repair.

:happy160:

dj30417

CRZYCHK
Reaction score

^ I wonder if these would be remotely worth the pain of F'in around with install and special pannel glue and such.
I would be concerned about water, sand, salt and other contaminants getting into the joints where the glue/adhesive is and pushing the repair apart, whether composite will take the beating of road debris over a long period of time and the cost of the parts alone are 4x higher. Curiosity has taken me down the rabbit hole. I have asked my mechanic for his opinion and to consider the possibility of Outer Banks runs. Now I wait.