Side steps gen 1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JLW2

Reaction score
I reviewed the post about people wanting to replace theirs or get some for ones that were not on the car when they purchased it. Mine have one or two places where the surface texture is peeling off. I live in an area where there are not many shops that do any bedliner , but was thinking about getting them cleaned and had Linx put on them The closest place is over an hour away and they went $850 just to do one. Now I understand why people buy the $15 can of stuff from Amazon and spray their own, which is what I’m going to do. It will probably look bad but it can’t possibly look worse than how it is right now and at least the stuff won’t continue to peel hopefully. has anyone tried to sell repair for small areas?

I thought if I had to replace them, I would just get rock sliders that bolt to the frame however again because of where I live, no one has them or is interested in ordering them or putting them on my car, and it seems impossible to find any I could even order on the Internet

Any suggestions, please?

DigbyRaptor

Reaction score
I have thought about the exact same thing. Having someone spray a bed liner onto my side steps... but Holy craps at $850 per side. No freakin way. My bed has a sprayed in liner, but looks like crap. I was gonna buy a few rattle cans and do the bed and the side rails myself.

OP
OP
JLW2

JLW2

Reaction score
I have thought about the exact same thing. Having someone spray a bed liner onto my side steps... but Holy craps at $850 per side. No freakin way. My bed has a sprayed in liner, but looks like crap. I was gonna buy a few rattle cans and do the bed and the side rails myself.
I decided to peel off the loose stuff, power wash and sand - maybe rent a sand blaster. I think I will spray on the raptor liner in a can. I’ll post the process when I do it - probably in the fall