Serious questions for those who are convinced that an Ecoboost replacement is coming

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DANACO

Reaction score
Again, the point was missed. NOBODY is arguing that the ecoboost is fun to drive and quicker than the 6.2. The problem is that this 3.5 ecoboost platform has a horrendous history. Its inherent design flaws and lack of reliability just kill it.

Have you looked in a mirror recently ? What you will see if you do is an inherent design flaw. One of your many flaws that IS working for you is your getting the attention you need for to survive as narcissis strive for.

Sasquatch77

Banned
Reaction score
Nope. Ecoboost issues are so last generation. This new engine is fantastic. No common problems. It is trouble free and as more people buy and users get more miles on them the data will be huge. Ford will crush the competition

Can you explain the cam phaser rattle, and engine hesitation? These were big problems in the gen 1 ecoboost and now the gen 2 ecoboost. Welcome to the ecoboost life.

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No issues with any of that. I wouldn't change a thing about the engine. It's perfect. 5000 miles and driving daily. I can keep updating you every 1000 miles if you like.

Ford really hit a home run this time. Doubt they will even tweak this engine for quite a while.

I guess people will have to decide if they believe actual owners or jealous haters.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Nope. Ecoboost issues are so last generation. This new engine is fantastic. No common problems. It is trouble free and as more people buy and users get more miles on them the data will be huge. Ford will crush the competition

Exactly. This is ecoboost life. Owners like ecoboost and any design flaws or problems exist only in the fantasies of internet trolls suffering from delusions.

WarSurfer

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Your going to max out at 500ish flywheel hp.

The limitation is going to be pump gas - as with any engine choice. There was at least one Gen1 eco running over 700hp on e85 or race gas (stock internals) so the numbers are there. Danzio has a 830hp ECO for desert racing. There are plenty of 500+rwhp pump gas Gen1 eco's on the F150 forum.

I think the limitation on high hp HO eco's is more knowledge gap on the part of the owner than anything else. If any of the Gen2 owners were serious, they'd take their truck to Full Race - they are on the front lines of ecoboost tuning. They already have all the mods that everyone is 'waiting' for (FMIC, charge piping, down pipes, CAIs, larger turbo's, etc...) it's just a matter of making any slight changes from Gen1 to Gen2 (routing, etc), easy enough for a shop of that caliber.

Dual injection was in place (via custom intake) back in 2012 to make over 700bhp on e85 so it certainly isn't a limitation now.

I keep seeing guys post on here wondering what power numbers will be, like there isn't plenty of historical data to pick from.

Sasquatch77

Banned
Reaction score
I think the limitation on high hp HO eco's is more knowledge gap on the part of the owner than anything else. If any of the Gen2 owners were serious, they'd take their truck to Full Race - they are on the front lines of ecoboost tuning. They already have all the mods that everyone is 'waiting' for (FMIC, charge piping, down pipes, CAIs, larger turbo's, etc...) it's just a matter of making any slight changes from Gen1 to Gen2 (routing, etc), easy enough for a shop of that caliber.

Dual injection was in place (via custom intake) back in 2012 to make over 700bhp on e85 so it certainly isn't a limitation now.

I keep seeing guys post on here wondering what power numbers will be, like there isn't plenty of historical data to pick from.

This is EXACTLY the issue with the gen 2 Raptor owners. None of them did their research on the 3.5 ecoboost prior to purchase.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is EXACTLY the issue with the gen 2 Raptor owners. None of them did their research on the 3.5 ecoboost prior to purchase.

If you get off your high horse and take a look around, you'll notice you are the only one complaining about this engine. Everyone else is thrilled with their ecoboost life.