Searching with questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

slideways247

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, it all comes down to money. Gen 1 would most likely be the cheapest upfront cost Gen 3 the most expensive. Condition and maintenance records needed to be checked out on any Raptor before buying. So, really it comes down to first your budget, then your engine and body style likes. Just a side note from me the Gen 1 is the sexiest of the three.
Money isn't really the deciding factor. I'm good with spending up to 50k for the right truck. But that doesn't mean I want to spend that much. Low miles, the right specs are what I'm looking for. I'm probably partial to the 1st gens as I love the V-8's. Even if I find the right one and it's NA, it would get a blower added very quickly. Like I mentioned, are the 1st gens easily upgradable as far as tech goes?

Gumby

FRF Addict
Reaction score
yes 13 and 14

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
As does a SC engine. There is more lag with the turbos, but the SC takes power to make power.. So, 6 on one and half a dozen on the other I guess. I guess I am partial to the 1st gens as I love the V-8 sounds. But how about the tech between the gens? Are the 1st gens upgradable to the latest tech?

You can get to sync3, but I’m not sure what versions of sync you can get to. 3.4 is the “mature” version of sync, but 2017’s - 2018’s are limited to 3.0.*** unless using the cyan labs loader. And that’s about it. I don’t think sync 4 is going to happen for Jen Too trucks, much less Jen Juan.

bakwaas4eva

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would go with Gen Juan... I got Gen 2 and I have heard nothing but good things about gen1 which made me purchase the Gen 2 ... I currently got the R last month...will be selling my Gen 2 when I'm back in the states at the end of June... if your interested lmk... got 65K miles a 2017 supercrew with foutz front grill with ked lights and a backrack... I'm from the tri state area ...my truck has been a parking lot princess as long as I had it ...

bakwaas4eva

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm slightly confused. You heard nothing but good things about Gen Juan and that made you buy a Gen 2??
I buy new cars. I have never bought a used car. I PURCHASED GEN 2 when the pre-order were available. The people that had Gen 1 raptors loved it and told me it was dependable truck... hope that clears up your confusion

OP
OP
S

slideways247

Reaction score
I buy new cars. I have never bought a used car. I PURCHASED GEN 2 when the pre-order were available. The people that had Gen 1 raptors loved it and told me it was dependable truck... hope that clears up your confusion
Nope. But doesn’t matter. I found a ‘13 Gen Juan equipped exactly like I would want that has just over 50k miles on it and has a whipple supercharger for $36k and a gen 2 that needs a little bit of work for $55k that has 66k miles. I’m leaning toward the Gen Juan as the shocks would probably need rebuilt and I would want to upgrade the tech to sync 3. I could do a lot with $19k difference between the two.

bakwaas4eva

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope. But doesn’t matter. I found a ‘13 Gen Juan equipped exactly like I would want that has just over 50k miles on it and has a whipple supercharger for $36k and a gen 2 that needs a little bit of work for $55k that has 66k miles. I’m leaning toward the Gen Juan as the shocks would probably need rebuilt and I would want to upgrade the tech to sync 3. I could do a lot with $19k difference between the two.
I can sell you my gen 2 for 45k... it has 65Kmiles and needs no work gotta year left on warranty as well... gen 2 been parking lot princess never been offroading with it neither maybe you can break it in....