S2 Baja Amber vs. Factory Amber

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been running BD on my 2020 and the only amber light I have is an S1 in the bumper pocket along with 2 white Squadrons. I'm getting old so I forgot that I was using a non-BD factory amber colored lens in the S1. So when I fired up my new S2 lights in the 2024, I was quickly reminded. I am heading out to the 4x4 beach in NC on Sat so called John at SPV and he was able to quickly get me two of the BD factory-amber lens. Looks way better to me....I perfer the better color match to the OEM parking/running lights. Here are a few pics....

20240815_151843.jpg

20240815_151943.jpg

20240815_152013.jpg

20240815_152020.jpg

And before someone says my lights are crooked....they are perfectly square....just the angle of the pic. And I read all of the threads and watched the videos that John at SPV did on the upgrades, but I was shocked at how much difference there was in real life vs. the videos/pics. Great upgrade over OEM....thanks John! :)

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have been running BD on my 2020 and the only amber light I have is an S1 in the bumper pocket along with 2 white Squadrons. I'm getting old so I forgot that I was using a non-BD factory amber colored lens in the S1. So when I fired up my new S2 lights in the 2024, I was quickly reminded. I am heading out to the 4x4 beach in NC on Sat so called John at SPV and he was able to quickly get me two of the BD factory-amber lens. Looks way better to me....I perfer the better color match to the OEM parking/running lights. Here are a few pics....

View attachment 463600

View attachment 463601

View attachment 463602

View attachment 463603

And before someone says my lights are crooked....they are perfectly square....just the angle of the pic. And I read all of the threads and watched the videos that John at SPV did on the upgrades, but I was shocked at how much difference there was in real life vs. the videos/pics. Great upgrade over OEM....thanks John! :)

Glad to hear you are enjoying the new "Factory Amber” lens! Raptor R is looking dialed.

Best,

Brahian Herrera | Forum Sales & Support
Email: [email protected] | Phone: (760) 560-2252 Ext 201

Domin0

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Absolutely love that @Baja Designs offers "Factory Amber" lenses as an option now. Huge props. Seems to be a bit of a sacrifice in performance versus the traditional yellow/"Baja Amber," but they look cooler. Rule 1: Look cool.

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Lookes great!

BD, any chance of making the S2 SAE with the Factory Amber lens!

Our current "Factory Amber" color temperature doesn't meet SAE standards, which is why we haven't released it for our SAE models. However, the feedback we've received from the forum played a big role in developing our new lens. We appreciate your input and see a big possibility of us releasing “Factory Amber SAE " in the future, which will most likely feature a different shade to ensure compliance. We’ll keep you updated with any info.

Best,

Brahian Herrera | Forum Sales & Support
Email: [email protected] | Phone: (760) 560-2252

Specialtyperformanceparts

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Looks great! I was just looking at these for the Raptor. Baja Design lights have been on my other truck for 5 years now in all kinds of nasty weather and they have been flawless. Probably going to put some LP6's on the modular bumper mounts.
Let me know if you want to put something together. Our plug-and-play harness system makes install a breeze and keeps everything clean. We do offer kit discounts and package discounts, as well as price matching for authorized retailers, too.

We have lots of options for you on mounting the LP6's, too. I'd be happy to work something up for you and get you a great deal.

You can call or text me at (317) 934 6778.

I hope to work with you on some lighting soon!

Have a great day!
Sidney @ SPV Parts
(317) 934-6778
[email protected]