RPG and Fox 3.0's review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I could let you drive the old tractor that would be an even trade. then you could jump the hill out back I'm not liable for any accidents tho.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
had the 60 jd I just bought out today bladed the drivway becose I don't have 3.0 RPG tuned shock's it was fun on that old thing. I'd be willing to sell it for 6,500

MotuMute

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Awesome write up Rich! Glad to hear I didn't steer you wrong, as I have enjoyed mine since the minute they went on last August. Can't say enough good things about the whole Stage 4+ setup and RPG's dedication to resolve issues and continually improve on their products.

My RPG'd TRR experience this year (compared to the stock/low perch beating last year) was truly incredible. That rocky beatdown track is one hell of a 3.0 shock proving ground. I can't wait to find out how much better their latest 3.0 tune/revalve is.

Congrats on the setup! I can add that 37's (Stage 4++) made a big difference soaking up even more of the harshness - especially on the rocky sections of the front half of the track.

---------- Post added at 05:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 AM ----------

I got the chance to ride with Rich in his new raptor. Thats really what it feels like after all the RPG stuff is put on. Rich being a hell of a driver plus he lives in BFE makes him a great person to get a view from.

I got to ride in Rich's truck and WOW! This thing takes all the harsh bumpy crap away. Not all of it but you sure don't feel like you going to lose a kidney like you do when stock. Plus I know we were going a fair amount faster than I was stock.

All I got to say is i'm SO GLAD I won the Fox 3.0 tuned by RPG at TRR13. These things are all go and no blow.

CONGRATS Alan! What an awesome win! Go get a lottery ticket. You are HOT right now haha. Good luck with the repairs and looking forward to your write-up as well after you get everything on.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Rich you obviously hit it hard last year and this year over all I would say you hit that road jump this year and wanted to last year so the improvement pushed up your confidence level that much. or would have you hit it anyhow this year even if you where stock?

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Rich you obviously hit it hard last year and this year over all I would say you hit that road jump this year and wanted to last year so the improvement pushed up your confidence level that much. or would have you hit it anyhow this year even if you where stock?

That road jump is sick. The video doesn't do it justice. I'll post my video from when I crawl over it, you will see. Rich pulled of a perfect jump. :thumbup:

Yukon Joe
Buffalo Run Support Raptor
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?p=364119

OP
OP
Madcowranch

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score

I did drive it pretty hard last year and even dented the front bumper in addition to crushing the skid plate. With the upgrade this year to 3.0's, my speed through the course took a huge jump. I attribute that to several factors.

First, the truck is able to hook up better in rough terrain. So, as I'm accelerating after a turn or big bump, the rear end stays planted to the dirt which gives a more effective transfer of power from the truck to the ground.

Second, the Fox 3.0's just soak up everything so much better at speed which leads to better control and increased confidence. With the stock shocks last year I'd be sawing at the wheel to keep straight while bouncing over boulders. I wish I had a video showing the difference inside the cabin between the 2 setups. Night and day. Much less course correction needed with the new shocks.

Third, landing big jumps is sooooo much nicer.

So, to answer your question; would I have jumped the road last year?

Probably. Cuz I'm a crazy motherf*cker!:rocking: