Rough shift 3-4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scpete24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck is at the dealership for rough shifts and similar behaviors, specifically 3rd and 5th gear shifts up/down. Mine would also jump forward going from P to D. They tried programming but no luck, they are going to remove and tear down to inspect internals. I'll report back here in case someone else's truck has similar issues.

91Eunos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tagged for interest… I think we’re finally seeing the Gen2 trucks accumulating enough miles to confirm the C-D-F clutch housing flaw. Hope you get yours under warranty….

Mine got the valve body replacement under warranty, and the next step would be a rebuilt trans with the new clutch housing, but the warranty expired in the interim.

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yep, it is the one issue I am worried about on mine. Mine was built July 2020 so I wasn't worried about much, until the transmission TSB got updated to include the 2021 and the CDF drum was included.