Ride Height Sensor Protection

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wj_308

Reaction score
Is anyone aware of some kind of after market “shield” or protection available for the ride height sensors, particularly the rear sensors, the arms seem susceptible to damage from off roading etc.

Tbogo

Reaction score
Good question. I just noticed mine was broken today after cleaning my truck. Passenger side rear arm (made of plastic) broke at the ball joint bottom. I have epoxied it for now and hope it holds. Does anyone know the part # of this for a 2021 Gen 3? Are they the same on all models? Might try and find one at a junkyard.

Edited: Don't know how long it's been broken as there are no fault indications. Should there have been?

Tbogo

Reaction score
Ok I found the part # ML3Z-5A967-F (passenger side -G for driver side) and used on 2021-2024 model years. Ford Dealerships near me want anywhere from $122 to $137 for it NOT installed and you have to buy the whole assembly. Looks like an easy install. Still don't know why I got no fault indications and all drive modes still work. Does anyone have input on that? Will I have to recalibrate the ride height after install?