Review Of China 2x2 Cubes & 30" Bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
infinitereality

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
Well I think I should have no issues running the 20" amber bar here especially in bad weather, but I rarely do unless bad weather or just for kicks. I don't think I would have an issue other than not hitting the Upfitter switch to turn them on. :)

Droid

kglesq's Brother
Reaction score
Can you comment more on the light output of the 30" bar relative to the Rigid? Or relative to the stock (non-HID) headlights?

Basically wondering if the $160 bar is almost-as-useful as the Rigid or if it's effectively a show-only item?

And is that a 30" bar or the 34" bar? Saw this 34" on ebay for $160, but would prefer whatever size is easiest to mount: 34 inch 180W Flood Spot Combo LED Light Bar Off Road Driving Work Light 60X3W | eBay

I run similar Chinese crap on my mountain bikes, and they seem to hold up pretty well (this is single LED stuff, with so-called "Cree" LEDs). The MTB lights have been through hell (actual offroad riding, crashes, etc).

Companies like this lie like crazy though, the manufacturers often include "boxing options" to their distributors with various fake brand names on them. I can't find it, but saw an alibaba listing for an HID manufacturer showing "box branding" options with OSRAM/Philips/Bosch branding choices, all for the same product that was made by none of those.

I really don't do a ton of offroading at night at present, but if this 50% of the value of a Rigid at 10% of the price, I might say, "why not?" I would much rather have the American product, but will get too little use to justify $1k.

OP
OP
infinitereality

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
Comparing my Rigid 40" bar to the China 30" bar, it's DEFINITELY worth the price, I'd consider paying 2x as much for it even. Other than the width of it, I can't visually tell less light out of the China one at both lights on. Both bars LEDs seem to have the same color temp too. It seems to have a pretty decent throw from looking inside the truck as well, they're wired on the same Upfitter switch and I can tell I have an extra 30" bar hands down.

IMO, they're well worth the cost, shipping is faster than if it was in US, light output is fantastic. IMO it's a win-win all around, only thing I can't comment on is how it holds up over time. I've had these installed for almost 2 months now and no issues yet. It's fun to blind the shit out of ******* drivers that won't turn their brights off.

As far as comparing to stock lighting, I'm running 2013 lights with 55w Morimoto 5000K HIDs. With the bars on, the headlights look VERY dim. It'd only be way worse with non-HID headlights.

Here's the light bar I got. They label it was a 32" but it's same same as a 30" Rigid.
32" 180W Spot Flood Combo LED Work Light Bar 4WD Boat Ute Driving ATV Lamp | eBay

When I was installing these, I added up the lumen output with the HIDs and have exactly 47,000 lumens. :)

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Comparing my Rigid 40" bar to the China 30" bar, it's DEFINITELY worth the price, I'd consider paying 2x as much for it even. Other than the width of it, I can't visually tell less light out of the China one at both lights on. Both bars LEDs seem to have the same color temp too. It seems to have a pretty decent throw from looking inside the truck as well, they're wired on the same Upfitter switch and I can tell I have an extra 30" bar hands down.

IMO, they're well worth the cost, shipping is faster than if it was in US, light output is fantastic. IMO it's a win-win all around, only thing I can't comment on is how it holds up over time. I've had these installed for almost 2 months now and no issues yet. It's fun to blind the shit out of ******* drivers that won't turn their brights off.

As far as comparing to stock lighting, I'm running 2013 lights with 55w Morimoto 5000K HIDs. With the bars on, the headlights look VERY dim. It'd only be way worse with non-HID headlights.

Here's the light bar I got. They label it was a 32" but it's same same as a 30" Rigid.
32" 180W Spot Flood Combo LED Work Light Bar 4WD Boat Ute Driving ATV Lamp | eBay

When I was installing these, I added up the lumen output with the HIDs and have exactly 47,000 lumens. :)

I'm going to have to add a 30" now. Thanks, ****. :tizzle:

Droid

kglesq's Brother
Reaction score
Comparing my Rigid 40" bar to the China 30" bar...

Thanks, definitely considering this! One final question...that 30" width seems exactly perfect to fit between the grille supports..did you just drill holes and bolt it in or did you have to make any brackets?

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wow great find and it sounds like they're worth it! I might have to get some to try out!

Oh and in the description it says it ships from A New Jersey warehouse so that could be why it was fast getting there.

OP
OP
infinitereality

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
the 3x2 cubes were drop shipped from China, but the 2x2's I believe came from new Jersey. The bar also came from China.

The one in the link I posted will definitely fit between the grill brackets, just like in Birdman's write-up. One thing you will need is some shorter bolts than what is supplied with the kit for the 30" bar, other than that piece of cake! I also just grounded the light to the hood latch so I only had to run one to the switch. When the hood is open, the light is off, when you close it it comes on.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ronn