replacing my left front CV axle assembly, but wondering about correct part number

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlueHound

Reaction score
ah, thanks... I actually have the correct one then (TX779 for the driver's side)... Time to swap it before my old one fails (and you know when they do, they take out everything in the neighborhood as well...). Curious to see if it gets rid of a whining noise for the past year and a half, that I have yet to figure out its source. My best theory was something in the trans, with another theory possibly in the rear, a pinion bearing maybe (though I tore it open and found no metal glitter in the lube, replaced it anyway just for the hell of it)... Sometimes it sounds like it's coming from the rear, sometimes from the front, sometimes in the middle... no idea. When I used to be a mechanic, we had these mics we would attach the the underside of the vehicles, that I'd drive around with to try and locate the sound... those were never very conclusive either, sounds in a vehicle are a bitch to locate sometimes as it vibrates and travels all over the chassis. Would be awesome when I replace this and the sound goes away, but I bet it won't. Keeping my fingers crossed!
This is what I use to locate weird noises. Literally microphones that clip to different spots then you can switch channels as you drive to find where it’s the loudest. Seems like overkill but has saved me countless hours and cost of replacing components that are fine

Attachments

• IMG_9926.png
    IMG_9926.png
    305.3 KB · Views: 4

BlueHound

Reaction score
I hadn’t read your whole post before the above lol. Ok so you’ve used one. Yeah stuff echos and transfers sound for sure, but I’ve had good luck with mine. The nice thing when it’s your own vehicle I don’t feel as bad loading the parts cannon either :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raptor_wil