Recaro seats-how are they on long trips?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GAMike

Reaction score
How are the Recaro seats to sit in for an 8-12 hour trip? I'd like to purchase a 2024 37pp, but I’m unsure about the Recaro seats. I finally had a chance to sit in one for 5 minutes, and it would be fine for short trips, but it was just different enough (stiffer?) I worry about how it would be for my wife and I on long day trips. She just rode 8 hours in a friends BMW suv and said it was uncomfortable after several hours. If I get a raptor, it will be our travel vehicle, and I don’t want her squirming around most of the trip . She’s fine in my F350 Lariet seats, which are probably similar to the 35 seats.
Sharing your experience would be appreciated!
Thanks!

cfmistry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They’re firm when new but do break-in quite a bit. After 10k miles mine are now very comfortable; but not non-Recaro comfortable.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do you like a firmer mattress or a softer mattress?

I loved the normal seats but love the Recaros more. I think they’re really comfortable. Former yes, but also more supportive.

tcm glx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve put around 1800 miles in the last month. 2-3 trips that are 2 hours long and 1 trip that was 6 hours 1 way and I was super comfy.

raisins

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Prefer Recaro's over non-Recaro's. They settle in and are very comfortable.

Now comparing Gen 1 seats to Recaro's, that's a tough one. Gen 1 seats feel like a sofa.

rx7turbo1

Reaction score
Just finished a cross country trip on the Recaros and it was very comfortable! Both of you will thoroughly enjoy the trip. The Raptor is a highway road king!