Rattling over Bumps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
H

hugepops77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will try that, thanks! Another member said he hears a "thump thump" attributed to the large shocks. Do you feel the same thing?

---------- Post added at 09:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

I will check that out, thanks! Another member said he hears a "thump thump" attributed to the large shocks. Do you feel the same thing?

stephenlocke

Reaction score
I have a noise from the back when braking to a stop, as though when I stop something shifts forward that's loose towards back of truck. Not like it on any other truck I've had previously....

MJslasherADMIN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same here. Driving across my property to reach my brothers a few minutes ago. No music and heard thump thump all the way. Coming from the rear. Likely my hitch. Will take it off on the way home and test.

While under my truck the other day spraying with rust prevention I noticed one of the plastic sheilds is loose. Hitting it with my fist made it vibrate like crazy. Im going to work on it.

Bypass shocks are noisy by default as well.

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is it the shocks? Some new owners have had issues with.

And given Fords QC history, I would not hesitate to take into the dealer to have looked at.

Autophanatic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone else hear or feel a rattling in the rear end over bumps?! My previous Truck was a 2015 F -150 King Ranch and it never had any rattles.. I'm no mechanic by any means, but it almost sounds as if the muffler is loose - or maybe leaf spring rattling..

Is the rattle because the large size of the Raptor?! Any helpful feedback would be appreciated!

My '14 Raptor had the most annoying rattle-rattle in the rear suspension, even with a mild ripple in the pavement. Did it the entire time I owned the vehicle --9,500 miles. Took it to the dealer right away, and they gave me several pages of reports, which included statements from Fox, as well as Ford, and had a "DO NOT FIX"'order for the issue. Report said they (Ford and Fox) were well aware of the issue, and deemed it a "normal attribute of the CPV's (canister purge valves)" on the rear shocks. The service manager even came out, and was very forceful with getting me to "understand", as I was more than a little ticked, being an OCD-type person. I wonder if your issue has any relation to this Gen 1 well documented condition?

rwerner99

Reaction score
I have a noise from the back when braking to a stop, as though when I stop something shifts forward that's loose towards back of truck. Not like it on any other truck I've had previously....

I had this happen 2 days ago. Did it every time I put the brakes on. I've got 2,500 miles on it and this is the first time it happened, and hasn't happened since. I swore something was hitting the front of my bed but nothing was back there.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Scrappy had a rattle coming from his exhaust.
This is what he found:
And I figured out my exhaust rattle. The bolts that hold the hanger nearest the hitch were one turn from coming off on passenger side and the backer plate and bolts on driver's side were missing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Superiorplumbing