Raptor 'Rally' Utah Worth it? or is it just a 'personal' version of the Assault, using our trucks..? which still may be worth it..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DFS

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wonder if Ford corporate will deny warranty coverage for damage or mechanical failures that occur on their course....

Turning Blue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if Ford corporate will deny warranty coverage for damage or mechanical failures that occur on their course....
I hope I don't have to find out!...lol

My guess would be anyone with a heavily modded truck (suspension mods in particular) wouldn't get much enjoyment doing whatever they have planned as far as driving your truck goes. But I'm anticipating some opportunities to drive my truck on terrain that isn't available to me locally, and with the guidance of the instructors. I'm also anticipating much more time off roading near Moab and Ouray on the days after the event.

Has anyone else signed up, or will I be the only one there?...lol

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope I don't have to find out!...lol

My guess would be anyone with a heavily modded truck (suspension mods in particular) wouldn't get much enjoyment doing whatever they have planned as far as driving your truck goes. But I'm anticipating some opportunities to drive my truck on terrain that isn't available to me locally, and with the guidance of the instructors. I'm also anticipating much more time off roading near Moab and Ouray on the days after the event.

Has anyone else signed up, or will I be the only one there?...lol
What trails do you have planned for Ouray?

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing too technical. I've done Imogene Pass and Ophir Pass on previous trips. A couple others I don't recall, and Last Dollar Rd. and Dolores Norwood Rd. on the way there from Moab. Mostly scenic routes.
How is Imogene with a Raptor. I know the trail is wide enough, my only concern is when you have traffic coming the other way.

Turning Blue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everyone we encountered were very cooperative. Everyone seemed to look for a wider spot to pull over and wave the other by. They operate tour vehicles on the trail that are bigger than a Raptor. I didn't feel uncomfortable at all. Using trail control helps to keep a safe, reasonable speed.