Raptor liner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

killswitch engage

Reaction score
Not sure if this has been discussed anywhere. Couldn't find anything so I'll post...

If your ******* get in a knot when someone mentions a bed liner paint job, you might want to leave now...

I have a 2012 Ford F-150 Raptor in tuxedo black metallic with 225,000km on it (140k miles). I'm doing body work on it due to a lot of rust (rockers are shot, cab corners nonexistent) since they like to soak the roads in my area with liquid calcium chloride in winter. The existing paint has a lot of damage as well, so I was looking at using Raptor liner to spray the whole truck. I've seen a lot of great results with the product and I'm looking at different options for spraying the Raptor liner. The goal is for it to look good as possible and be durable. I'd like the Raptor liner to be more than a flat black. I'll be spraying both my ADD bumpers and running boards at the same time.

To make it look a bit better, I was looking at a few options I've seen done:

1. Add the Ford tuxedo black tint to the Raptor liner and spray. Although I don't know how visible any of the metallic flake will be in the liner.

2. Add metal flake to the Raptor liner and spray the truck with that. I could adjust the amount of metal flake added to suit my preference.

3. I could spray the Raptor liner as it comes from factory and then spray a metallic flake clear coat over top.

I'm not sure which of these options is best, I've seen it done all three ways online. I've also seen people add a bit of clear coat to the Raptor liner to give it more shine.

I was hoping that someone here may have experience with these different options and could recommend which way looks best. It's always hard to tell from pictures online and I don't have easy access to a test bottle of Raptor liner to try out the different techniques myself.

I'm not concerned about resale value, I'll drive this into the ground before I get my next one. An actual paint job here will cost me 5-6k and either way I'll have rust again in a few years, so I'm going for cheap lol.

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
got a guy here with a burb all done up with tan liner. looks good but the down side is the rust coming through the other side and you not knowing cause of the liner, plus the added weight. The good part is itll be tough and scratch resistant while looking sick and different.

3 would be best option since liner is kinda thick and would hide the flake easy.