Raptor Assault ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

deucedevil

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was also there on 5/19 and I could not agree with Wichadicha any more. Here are my thoughts:

• I would not buy the insurance to be honest. I did and felt like there was nothing I was going to do to put major damage in jeopardy.
  • The side hill blew my mind. I thought that I had take my previous truck to some severe angles but 32 degrees is rather ridiculous and the instructor grabs the handle and it feels rock solid even at that angle.
  • Trail 1 pedal and Trail control were quite impressive. I thought they would be gimmicky but they were slick to use and yet odd at the same time. Going down a hill with no touch of brake or pedal is like sitting in the cab while pissing your pants, just felt wrong.
  • The trail stuff was pretty benign but still fun and at least 2 hills were moderately challenging.
  • Lunch was better than I would have expected for a box lunch.
  • The jump was about as much as they will likely let you do but I think there could be maybe another 20-30 feet of run up or at minimum give you a further launch on 2nd pass. Getting the pictures back I was underwhelmed with the outcome! It did give me decent confidence to jump my own truck which I'd say might not have happened with out RA. Please don't poke fun, I'm just not a guy to spend $80K and f around and break stuff.
  • The guy I rode with all day RIPPED the baja course. He was a kart racer and his abilities were far better than mine. I've just never driven a full size truck in an attempt to race like that and it's definitely a lot of weight to throw around. He was far superior at keeping the turbos spooled with 2 foot pedal work and it showed. Nonetheless, fun as heck to push a 6K pound beast around towards my limits.
  • The instructors in my opinion are 1st class. I was very impressed with their approach of coaching, information and just general hospitality.
It takes a plan flight and a couple of days hotel room but I would highly recommend going to any first time Raptor owners as am I.

elking

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was also there on 5/19 and I could not agree with Wichadicha any more. Here are my thoughts:

• I would not buy the insurance to be honest. I did and felt like there was nothing I was going to do to put major damage in jeopardy.
  • The side hill blew my mind. I thought that I had take my previous truck to some severe angles but 32 degrees is rather ridiculous and the instructor grabs the handle and it feels rock solid even at that angle.
  • Trail 1 pedal and Trail control were quite impressive. I thought they would be gimmicky but they were slick to use and yet odd at the same time. Going down a hill with no touch of brake or pedal is like sitting in the cab while pissing your pants, just felt wrong.
  • The trail stuff was pretty benign but still fun and at least 2 hills were moderately challenging.
  • The jump was about as much as they will likely let you do but I think there could be maybe another 20-30 feet of run up or at minimum give you a further launch on 2nd pass. Getting the pictures back I was underwhelmed with the outcome! It did give me decent confidence to jump my own truck which I'd say might not have happened with out RA. Please don't poke fun, I'm just not a guy to spend $80K and f around and break stuff.
  • The guy I rode with all day RIPPED the baja course. He was a kart racer and his abilities were far better than mine. I've just never driven a full size truck in an attempt to race like that and it's definitely a lot of weight to throw around. He was far superior at keeping the turbos spooled with 2 foot pedal work and it showed. Nonetheless, fun as heck to push a 6K pound beast around towards my limits.
  • The instructors in my opinion are 1st class. I was very impressed with their approach of coaching, information and just general hospitality.
It takes a plan flight and a couple of days hotel room but I would highly recommend going to any first time Raptor owners as am I.
Pretty much agree with what was said above. Great experience and I didn’t buy the insurance and don’t think you need to.

MDRAPTR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty much agree with what was said above. Great experience and I didn’t buy the in

ill be there 6/8/23 can’t wait I’m pumped. Hoping for good dry weather

LOUSCRW

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you guys fly into SLC, and rent a car? I didn’t see any mention of transportation on the RA website. I Just took delivery in Mar and I’m starting to look into dates

GTTXRAP

Drill Baby Drill
Reaction score
Anyone Uber from downtown to school then school back to SLC Airport?
- Just wondering if Uber is readily available in Toole? I'd rather not deal with car rental.

Also I'm trying to catch a 7:30PM flight out the day of the course, looks like course ends at 5pm...with airport 30 minute away is that doable?

Last edited:

Wichadicha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your time is worth anything then car rental is the way to go. Uber or similar for SLC to Toole to SLC will most likely not be efficient or cheap. Costco travel is easy for car rental, Turo is easy for rental. Not to mention the reception dinner the night before that you will need a ride to and from plus anything else you might want to do??? Just my .02

GTTXRAP

Drill Baby Drill
Reaction score
If your time is worth anything then car rental is the way to go. Uber or similar for SLC to Toole to SLC will most likely not be efficient or cheap. Costco travel is easy for car rental, Turo is easy for rental. Not to mention the reception dinner the night before that you will need a ride to and from plus anything else you might want to do??? Just my .02
I'm probably not going to reception dinner...just head to event in morning. Stay at a nice place DT and grab a good dinner. I gave up on rentals long ago...but might be only choice here. Was worrying about Toole being in boondocks.

And for those who have been what time can one leave day of course--5pm?

Last edited:

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I left at 4. There’s a 30 minute debrief at the end that I didn’t stay for.