Ram RHO

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

julien194b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will this new Removed Hellcat Option sound just as bad as the Ecoboost V6 Raptor? Probably.
But I see the appeal in its base price, and it seems like the logical competition to the peasant 35 Raptor.
Is this bcs V6 EB engine is quiet that people say it's sound bad ? I don't really understand , I can talk with my passenger, I don't wake up my neighbor eraly in the morning going to work, I am discret offroading in the middle of the forest , and finally , if I press pedal gas I can have a sound which is funny from time to time, what else ? something wich make noise in my ears all the time, no thanks...
(the other day , when engine was idle at supermarket parking lot : A guy : "is it an EV? " Me: press pedal gas, him : " ha, not an EV " )

Last edited:

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Raced a Grand Wagoneer High output ,yesterday afternoon . Wasn't impressed , engine in a heavier RHO truck and brick aero dynamics . Meh . It will be good for all the "you don't need 700hp to offroad" Nut-swingers

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this bcs V6 EB engine is quiet that people say it's sound bad ? I don't really understand , I can talk with my passenger, I don't wake up my neighbor eraly in the morning going to work, I am discret offroading in the middle of the forest , and finally , if I press pedal gas I can have a sound which is funny from time to time, what else ? something wich make noise in my ears all the time, no thanks...
(the other day , when engine was idle at supermarket parking lot : A guy : "is it an EV? " Me: press pedal gas, him : " ha, not an EV " )
The V6 Raptor isn’t all that quiet actually. It just makes noise in all the wrong ways. I was legitimately embarrassed to get on the throttle when people were around when I had my Gen 2. It sounded like a riced out Nissan 350Z actually.

The performance of it (after a stage 2 Goosetune) was actually pretty good, but the V6 exhaust is what made me get my TRX, and I haven’t looked back since. I even got to drive a Raptor R recently, and have to say, I prefer my TRX. And I’m a long time Ford truck guy who’s never had a RAM, or Chevy prior to this.

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i think they should have just let the TRX die an honorable death, instead of bringing it back with the lack of the only thing that really drew raptor drivers to the TRX in the first place.. it looks exactly the same, with the same wheels, shocks and everything else.. makes no sense at all.

these will not sell..

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
Former Gen II Raptor owner and current TRX owner:

One of the reasons I went to the TRX in 2021 was used prices on the Raptor went stupid, and I traded it for more than I paid for it by around $4,000. The allure of the Hellcat motor was too hard to pass up. After almost 3 years and 30,000 miles I love the TRX. I don’t do high speed off roading, mostly old Forrest service roads. The truck is also my daily driver, it tows the pontoon boat, and we take it on long road trips.

The only advantage I see with the RHO is it may get better fuel economy (it weighs around 180lbs less than the TRX). Other than that, there is no advantage to the RHO (unless you want messaging seats and the self driving stuff).

The short comings of the TRX and the RHO when compared to the Raptor will be the same. For high speed off road driving the Raptor will be better. I’ve admitted that from the start. It just never was a concern for me and my usage.

Had the RHO come out before the TRX, there would have been more excitement. For me, the RHO leaves a bad taste in my mouth towards Ram. It’s a shame too, because the RHO has some good qualities. It’s just the delivery and execution that ruins it for me.

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well the good part about the RHO is…it’s a hell of a lot cheaper. You’re right, the RHO should have come out a year before the TRX. The RHO should have had the 392 motor…easy breezy money.

CruiserClass

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think they should have just let the TRX die an honorable death, instead of bringing it back with the lack of the only thing that really drew raptor drivers to the TRX in the first place.. it looks exactly the same, with the same wheels, shocks and everything else.. makes no sense at all.

these will not sell..

They are roughly $25k cheaper. They will be significantly cheaper to operate and much more livable day to day. Easier to justify to Joe Suburban with 2.5 kids and Mrs. Suburban. You're thinking of it like a TRX-lite. Buyers will think of it as a Rebel-plus.

They'll sell and they'll sell to more mainstream buyers (and in more mainstream numbers) precisely because it's a more well rounded option that can be your only truck if you need a truck for truck stuff vs just a secondary toy, it's *much* cheaper, and it still stands out from the crowd.

OP
OP
ToadSmasher2K1

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd be shocked if the fuel economy was significantly better. It will probably be in the 13-15mpg range. The Grand Wagoneer with 3.0L is only getting 16.5mpg. Add 35" tires and less aero, and you're likely in the 13-15mpg range. Better than most TRX drivers, but not anything significant.

1714233696386.png