Problem with Fox 3.0

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zippo

Reaction score
Any luck with getting the adjuster to function proper? I had the same thing happen to 2.5's on my Toyota. I think either the set screws sheared off or a retainer inside the valving assemble came apart.

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I switched to Kings since FOX customer service on a warranty part sucks...lol
I was tried of their wait time so took mine apart to find nothing... put them back together and no issue... I dont like it when there is nothing to learn about a problem so I switched to King.

You need to take the shock and resi apart to see what your issue is.

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I switched to Kings since FOX customer service on a warranty part sucks...lol
I was tried of their wait time so took mine apart to find nothing... put them back together and no issue... I dont like it when there is nothing to learn about a problem so I switched to King.

You need to take the shock and resi apart to see what your issue is.
What specific tools did you need? What did you use to clamp it in a vise? I've seen them worked on in a vise, but can't figure out what everybody uses to clamp the shock cans and the rod ends without marring them.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
What specific tools did you need? What did you use to clamp it in a vise? I've seen them worked on in a vise, but can't figure out what everybody uses to clamp the shock cans and the rod ends without marring them.

Prius owner's hands.

Whoops

Reaction score
Shock jaws are available through various vendors, Kartec,Poly performance etc. There are jaws for shock bodies and shafts. Example https://www.schmidtyracing.com/Shock-Shaft-Holding-Tool-Soft-Jaws-p/nstbsssj.htm
Nitrogen refill tank is super helpful too. An adjustable face pin spanner is required also.....at least for the shocks I've rebuilt. Also, need a way to compress coil springs. It's not cheap to get set up but for me it's worth not relying on someone else and their schedule.