pre-collision camera keeps failing with anything in the back

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

insangsong78

Reaction score
just got my 2022 CPO raptor, and the pre-collision camera AKA IPMA camera keeps failing if I have anything in the back. It fails, and after restart it goes away, then comes back. almost every drive it comes back.
my 2019 F150 has similar issue. but it was only when I had that thing loaded past it's capacity. I thought Ford would have resolved this by now.

Any quick fix?

My 2022 is bone stock raptor.

RogueClimber

Captain Rob
Supporting Member
Reaction score
just got my 2022 CPO raptor, and the pre-collision camera AKA IPMA camera keeps failing if I have anything in the back. It fails, and after restart it goes away, then comes back. almost every drive it comes back.
my 2019 F150 has similar issue. but it was only when I had that thing loaded past it's capacity. I thought Ford would have resolved this by now.

Any quick fix?

My 2022 is bone stock raptor.

Since I haven't seen this mentioned many times (if at all other than you) I'd say Ford may not be the issue...

If your truck is sagging then maybe the sensor and/or the camera are not lining up properly (ie pointing up to the sky)

Something like this might be a fix

FordTechOne

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What do you mean by “failing”? What’s the message and DTC that are setting?

You literally said you had this problem before and it was caused by the truck being overloaded, not sure what you want Ford to “fix” in that regard.

Being a used truck it’s impossible to know if the truck was previously modified or damaged and what may have caused the camera to be out of alignment.

OP
OP
I

insangsong78

Reaction score
My F-150 2019 the IPMA goes into error whenever I have heavy load in the back. So I got into a habit of just disconnecting the camera whenever I have a heavy load.

This Raptor however with nothing in the bag will go into an error mode. It clears itself unlike the F-150. But it comes back almost every drive so I'm wondering if anybody had a similar issue and what the resolution was. I did a search and nothing really came up definite.

wazatataza

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the windshield was ever replaced it was likely recalibrated with what ever load, spring set up it may have had.

I think it just needs a recalibration, and you should be squared. But like they said above, any previous damage could have set up the sensor to look up at Jesus instead of the road ahead.