POLL: If Ford offers engine option (V6 and V8), which one would you pick?

Which engine would you choose in the 2017 raptor?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kowboy17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To all you V6 nitwits out there: Keep in mind that a V8 can be naturally balanced, a V6 can not.
Even using balance shafts a V6 will never run as harmonies as a V8 (it's that four cycle and opposing forces thing...)

to all you nitwits that spell harmonious, "harmonies"………...

superbman101

Reaction score
Was going to sell the 14 and buy the 2017 but if no V8 is offered, no reason to trade-in. I'd rather pay the gas guzzler tax to hear the sound and power of a V8. I think ford is going to miss the mark on this next gen in the power train :( it's a purpose built monster with roots, don't domesticate it with a v6

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Was going to sell the 14 and buy the 2017 but if no V8 is offered, no reason to trade-in. I'd rather pay the gas guzzler tax to hear the sound and power of a V8. I think ford is going to miss the mark on this next gen in the power train :( it's a purpose built monster with roots, don't domesticate it with a v6

Giving it more power and torque isnt really 'domesticating' it.