Plain Vanilla in the Florida Keys

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spooder

Reaction score
2024 35 Raptor, just the way I wanted it with no moon roof and oxford white so I could fit my ARE shell which came of my now gone 22 Tremor which had issues from the start. I've added a DIY 12 V power panel to the starboard bedside cubby for interior/exterior lighting and power. Found an aftermarket/ebay grill to fill the gap in the bumper, and moved the Tuffy console safe over from the 22 T. Dawn enterprises door ding bumpers, black Gorilla lung nuts/locks, and Weathertech mud flaps. The ARE shell has Yakima tracks / crossbars and a locking Cap-Pack drawer for misc. storage which is really nice. I also added small plastic cleats to the sides of the tracks on the shell top to securely strap down whatever ends up on the roof when carrying the roof box and basket instead of relying only on the plastic risers. They also come in handy as lift points when lifting the shell off the truck. 4 clamps each side holding the shell to the bed with a double bubble EPDM seal which seems solid. Retiring soon and planning to do some mild overlanding across the country. With all the weight in the back I'm considering the Eibach springs in the rear being that the truck is level now without my boat trailer, or any overlanding or storm-run load. I'm also noticing that the backup lights seem really underpowered (hard to see backing into my driveway) so looking to add that and SDHQ ditch light mounts hooked to the upfitter switches. Getting a steady 17.5 MPG with 60% of the driving at 60-75 mph and 38 psi cold on the KO2's. Let me know what you think about adding the Eibach springs which they advertise as adding 1-1/2 inches.

Attachments

• Front Side 9-16-24.jpg
    Front Side 9-16-24.jpg
    292.5 KB · Views: 30
  • Rear Side 9-16-24.jpg
    Rear Side 9-16-24.jpg
    210.4 KB · Views: 28
  • Front 9-16-24.jpg
    Front 9-16-24.jpg
    268.1 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF
#OneLessprius

Since you mention doing a lot of highway miles, 38 PSI cold will be ok if you have close to the load limit of the truck. On an empty truck, about 33 front / 30 rear will wear the tires more evenly. Many of us ran 38 and high 30’s to find our KO2’s wore the center out much more quickly. You’ll get better economy for sure, but you’ll wear out the centers faster on an unloaded Raptor with 38psi all around.

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, nice Raptor! Good thing you are in Florida with that all white Raptor, no one would see you in a northern snow /storm. Some white walls would be a nice finishing touch! LOL

OP
OP
S

Spooder

Reaction score
White is primarily for the heat and also because it is so easy to match and blend in case of damage. My 2012 with oxford white made it 170 k miles and 10 years with no degradation of the paint and I park in the sun at work. I will drop my tire pressure since here 38 cold jumps right to 41 or 42 once going. I’ll try 36/34 and see what happens with the mileage and lower from there. Oh BTW with the stock non bead lock wheels what is a safe air down pressure for off road? 15? 18?