Perch Mod Discussion

Mid perch or no?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BramageDained

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I just did this last night. I found NOTHING needs to be removed.

It's easier if you remove the sway bar end link so you're not fighting the sway bar when you're jacking up one side.

I did the first side with it connected, then took it off for the second side and it was much easier.

Blind1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well I just did this last night. I found NOTHING needs to be removed.

Jack the truck up by the control arm
remove wheel
put jackstand under frame
put spring compressors on, compress
suspend the spring up with the help of a strap
lower control arm with jack, then STAND on it to lower it sufficiently
remove allen screw
slide that shit up and voila. done.

one thing that helped - once the allen screw is removed, jack the control arm back up to seat it with the spring and slowly lower it again, using the help of a hammer lightly tapping the retainer up so it moves with the spring as much as desired. My spring was a bit compressed "outward" so the back side was touching the shock assembly, making it impossible to slide the retainer up in it by hand. Using hammer taps kept the retainer sliding up with the spring as much as desired.

one thing though - after the first was completely finished, I noticed I forgot to put that little stupid allen screw back in. DOH! So I left it out. for now.

That won't hurt anything, right? Seems they are a bit redundant, especially with mid perch as the spring is stiffer

If you watched the RPG video, the alien screw does not need to go back. You're Done!

cgibs89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I did this last night and did it make a huge difference. The truck feels more planted and it doesn't do it's ridiculous nose dive on braking anymore either. The end result is a very subtle front end lift but the results were absolutely worth it.

Before:
RehaPnV.png

After:
VKokLgv.png

blockdoc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
NOTHING needs to be removed.
remove wheel
remove Allen screw

Just being a wise ass.

I did mine on a lift, and agree - didnt need to remove the tie rod end or sway bar. Didn't even suspend with a strap - used a lever to push it up.

One of the mods I'm most happy with.

RigChaser962

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Loving it! Before and after
9u5adu2u.jpg
u5uje3e6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats you made it! I had a tough road but you had me beat by far. Did you get an alignment yet? My toe was way off.

Just drove another 400 miles or so today mix of mostly highway and some dirt roads and construction sites. Mid perch rocks in all conditions.

RigChaser962

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Congrats you made it! I had a tough road but you had me beat by far. Did you get an alignment yet? My toe was way off.

Just drove another 400 miles or so today mix of mostly highway and some dirt roads and construction sites. Mid perch rocks in all conditions.

Thanks bro! She's all aligned and happy. Everything was done in house over at high country performance 4x4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carlschmarl2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I did this last night and did it make a huge difference. The truck feels more planted and it doesn't do it's ridiculous nose dive on braking anymore either. The end result is a very subtle front end lift but the results were absolutely worth it.

Before:
RehaPnV.png

After:
VKokLgv.png

Nice BFL. Are you a member on arfcom?