Perch Mod Discussion

Mid perch or no?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
we buy this stuff by the case on our production side. taking apart rusted ass pumping units sucks. this stuff is wicked on frozen bolts! and it smells like pine sol! lol

My garage smells REALLY good today. Lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

cdurbin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't find any reason to remove either nut.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I went off of RPGs little video. I realized after I did one side there really was no need besides to give you a bit more clearance towards the front of the vehicle.

Just curious so I can re tighten up my passenger side.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

XxWarEaglexX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know the torque specs of tie rod end and upper endlink?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I know a while back someone on here posted the torque specs for all that from Ford. Try google sometimes it pulls stuff from this forum.

Sent from my SCH-S950C using Tapatalk 2

prowakeskater

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I just did this last night. I found NOTHING needs to be removed.

Jack the truck up by the control arm
remove wheel
put jackstand under frame
put spring compressors on, compress
suspend the spring up with the help of a strap
lower control arm with jack, then STAND on it to lower it sufficiently
remove allen screw
slide that shit up and voila. done.

one thing that helped - once the allen screw is removed, jack the control arm back up to seat it with the spring and slowly lower it again, using the help of a hammer lightly tapping the retainer up so it moves with the spring as much as desired. My spring was a bit compressed "outward" so the back side was touching the shock assembly, making it impossible to slide the retainer up in it by hand. Using hammer taps kept the retainer sliding up with the spring as much as desired.

one thing though - after the first was completely finished, I noticed I forgot to put that little stupid allen screw back in. DOH! So I left it out. for now.

That won't hurt anything, right? Seems they are a bit redundant, especially with mid perch as the spring is stiffer

Last edited: