Outside Temperature Thermometer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Daneger

Reaction score
My truck consistently says it is 5-10 degrees warmer than it actually is outside. Even after it is running and driving a while. Is this some that the dealer can calibrate? Where is the thermometer that even reads the temp?

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My truck consistently says it is 5-10 degrees warmer than it actually is outside. Even after it is running and driving a while. Is this some that the dealer can calibrate? Where is the thermometer that even reads the temp?
I think its in the mirror . But mine is super duper slow to update. I put the ambient temp on my cobb port which cycles at 60hz and is accurate within 1/10 th of a degree.

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
Bless your heart. There’s so much wrong with your question that demands many related questions be answered first. Maybe you really haven't thought about it very much, or your “thinking” just isn’t working for you.

OP
OP
Daneger

Daneger

Reaction score
Bless your heart. There’s so much wrong with your question that demands many related questions be answered first. Maybe you really haven't thought about it very much, or your “thinking” just isn’t working for you.

I’m sorry that English isn’t your first language, but I’ll try to dumb it down a lot.

-when it is 95 degrees outside my truck says it is 105. Is this just a ****** Ford thing or can it be fixed?

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The temp sensor is in the passenger door mirror.

I think, pure speculation, that the fender vent is feeding hot air towards it. That and heat ground going right up into the opening on the bottom of the mirror. I didn't have this issue with my 18, 19 or my 2022 Tremor. Seems specific to my 23.

Since it's a temp sensor, there isnt anything to calibrate. But to jeep guys point. it's very slow to change.

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
The temp sensor is in the passenger door mirror.

I think, pure speculation, that the fender vent is feeding hot air towards it. That and heat ground going right up into the opening on the bottom of the mirror. I didn't have this issue with my 18, 19 or my 2022 Tremor. Seems specific to my 23.

Since it's a temp sensor, there isnt anything to calibrate. But to jeep guys point. it's very slow to change.
Same on my '21. Usually shows 8-10 higher than what my phone says.

TwizzleStix

Reaction score
I’m sorry that English isn’t your first language, but I’ll try to dumb it down a lot.

-when it is 95 degrees outside my truck says it is 105. Is this just a ****** Ford thing or can it be fixed?
Oh I understood you quite well. Its just that it was a simpleton’s question that doesn't consider all the variables that affect the temperature measured by a sensor on a vehicle that’s generating its own heat of 250+ degeesF. You know, like the atmospheric conditions like wind, other nearby vehicles, heat rising from the road surface, etc. I would hope that an adult who at least graduated grade school would know and understand about radiant, convection, and conductive heat/cold and the basic temperature variation scenarios and apply basic (un)common sense before asking a quite large forum an idiot question.

TwizzleStix

Reaction score
I think its in the mirror . But mine is super duper slow to update. I put the ambient temp on my cobb port which cycles at 60hz and is accurate within 1/10 th of a degree.
Ambient temp on your AP isn't a measured temp at all. Its derived/ estimated from the engine conditions, ie coolant temp, intake temp, manifold temp, cooling fan speed. If it agrees with the weather-reported temp for your area it’s a coincidence. The actual temp “at your vehicle” is displayed in the cluster/screen. You guys are laughable. It will indeed take several seconds for the display to update from actual temp changes.

TwizzleStix

Reaction score
Oh wait, the Gen 3s did indeed have shit chinese chips installed, so it probably is all shit readings. Sorry, all my Fords, Mazda, and Toyota were all built before 2022. You guys after are ficked.