GEN 2 Ordered The SPD Trombone

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MaSoNNN

Reaction score
I just ordered the SPD Trombone to replace the X-pipe on my Borla ATAK system with AMS Downpipes. What should I expect and what should my expectations be for the SPD Trombone.

OP
OP
MaSoNNN

MaSoNNN

Reaction score
There is a video on YouTube with the Borla ATAK and the SPD Trombone but the guy has stock downpipes so it gives a somewhat of an idea of what mine would sound like.

OP
OP
MaSoNNN

MaSoNNN

Reaction score
Sounds pretty loud. And I'd be OK with that as long as when I'm cruising at 2k-3k there is no drone. That's what scares me.
Its def loud fs, For me personally I like the sound of the Borla ATAK but everyone thinks it sounds bad which I could see that opinion but you cant really compare the 3.5s aftermarket options to to any V8s aftermarket options they are two different ball parks.

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its def loud fs, For me personally I like the sound of the Borla ATAK but everyone thinks it sounds bad which I could see that opinion but you cant really compare the 3.5s aftermarket options to to any V8s aftermarket options they are two different ball parks.
I hear ya. I had the Borla Atak and it was ok def loud. I did throw in 2 small Borla Resonators to tone it down a bit.
I had the chance to get the Mountune exhaust for cheap so I went for it. Has a great sound. Have had quite a few Raptor guy ask me what exhaust I have.
Just don't want to spend over $700 on something, then have to have the exhauat cut, and the trombone welded in because it won't bolt right in and then not like it.

OP
OP
MaSoNNN

MaSoNNN

Reaction score
I hear ya. I had the Borla Atak and it was ok def loud. I did throw in 2 small Borla Resonators to tone it down a bit.
I had the chance to get the Mountune exhaust for cheap so I went for it. Has a great sound. Have had quite a few Raptor guy ask me what exhaust I have.
Just don't want to spend over $700 on something, then have to have the exhauat cut, and the trombone welded in because it won't bolt right in and then not like it.
I will fs keep you updated on it when I receive it and get it installed then I will get some sound clips to Show you and then you can decide then on if you think the SPD Trombone is worth you money and time.