Order date-Pull date-build date and arrival date

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Normal procedure for most dealerships. There is a term for it which escapes me right now. But most legit dealership actually have a route around the dealership that they drive to make sure all is well with the vehicle. They check all the fluids and tire pressure and what not. Some dealerships will not touch the truck per your request but if something goes wrong when you drive home then forget heading back to the dealer to complain.

The technician is REQUIRED to perform certain check pre inventory procedures. This could void your warranty if you requested this not to be done. Most vehicles come from the plant with anywhere between 3 and 8 miles on them. The technician then usually puts on another 2 to 4 miles to perform all check procedures.

WRAPDUP

Reaction score
Any build date yet? I ordered Mid October and got an early Jan build. Hope to have it by early Feb at the latest.

TheWolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered on 9/20.
Scheduled yesterday for build week of 1/20.
Probably see it beginning of March. Was told when I ordered that it would be 10-12 weeks. Had I known it would be 23-24 weeks, I probably would have tried to find a 2013 sitting on a lot somewhere.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

SuperRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I was hoping I could avoid the polishing step. But it sounds like I may not be able to….regardless of having them not touch it. I have all the stuff to do it (I ponied up and bought an Adam's Ultimate Package with Cyclo). Just a very long day to do right. The good thing is that the interior will just need conditioners, not cleaning too.

Sounds like I'll be in for a strip wash, clay, polish, seal, glaze and a couple coats of wax…

Shane

Did you order white also? I would really recommend doing the clay bar and then just doing a quick once over with a white pad/FMP. Their sealant gives off enormous reflection with lighter colored vehicles.

Does anyone know what the process is for the mechanics checking off on the vehicles once they arrive? I told the dealer that I didn't want anyone driving it or being behind the wheel for any reason; he said the mechanic has to take it for a quick drive to check off on it. Anyone else heard this?

My dealer is very honest and straightforward (wouldn't even take a deposit from me) and said that they have to take it for a test drive around the block. Trust me I tried to do the whole 'roll off the truck into my hands' type of deal.

OP
OP
locktech

locktech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wolf

That seems long. Maybe your dealer didn't have allocation for a Raptor. If a dealer has allocation it should only be 8-10 weeks.

TheWolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wolf

That seems long. Maybe your dealer didn't have allocation for a Raptor. If a dealer has allocation it should only be 8-10 weeks.

I had the first 2014 order placed at this dealer. A few weeks ago I saw on Ford`s inventory that they had a Ruby Red SE built last week and it is their first 2014. I asked them about it and they said it was an order for stock that Ford "made them take". It seems to me that this stock order bumped mine back another 8 weeks. My dealer seems to get one in every other month.

MS Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you order white also? I would really recommend doing the clay bar and then just doing a quick once over with a white pad/FMP. Their sealant gives off enormous reflection with lighter colored vehicles.

I ordered a White Supercab what is the FMP? Any other detailing suggestions are much appreciated.
Thanks