Order date-Pull date-build date and arrival date

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SuperRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Blood just confirmed a build date of 12/12 for me. So it looks like I made the 12/9 build week. Hopefully it won't take too long after it's built to get to my dealership. Then they can Line-X it and I can take it home. I don't even want them to wash it for me. It's getting the Adam's Polishes treatment when it gets home. Strip wash, clay bar, seal, glaze and a couple coats of wax. Hoping nobody screws up the paint so I can skip the whole polishing step. But if it needs it…it'll get it.

This wait is horrible.

Shane

You need to be very clear with your dealer to not wash the truck. I already told my dealer part of the deal was that EVERYTHING was left alone and I did all the dealer prep. I'm a pretty experienced detailer and IMO even if they don't wash it you will need to clay bar it and polish it if you want the best results. The rail dust particles are pretty bad.

OP
OP
locktech

locktech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Ninjazed
They did increased production so maybe it will be sooner. It has to do with dealer allocation as well. They're only allotted so many Raptors.

MS Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Ninjazed
They did increased production so maybe it will be sooner. It has to do with dealer allocation as well. They're only allotted so many Raptors.

My dealer didn't have an allocation when I ordered on 11/12. Nothing has been done on mine since ordered.

ninjazed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Ninjazed

Yeah, I was told that my dealer got two last year and they may get three this year. I'm number two on the dealer list for the 2014's and the number three guy is not supposed to get his Raptor until next June, if at all. What part of Jersey are you from Locktech? I'm down south near Frantic City.

The new vehicle ordering system doesn't have too much rhyme or reason from what I can see. There are so many variables involved that I'm just trying to be patient. Hey, I survived over 3 months of Parris Island hell way back when so this shouldn't be that grueling, right?

medic001918

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need to be very clear with your dealer to not wash the truck. I already told my dealer part of the deal was that EVERYTHING was left alone and I did all the dealer prep. I'm a pretty experienced detailer and IMO even if they don't wash it you will need to clay bar it and polish it if you want the best results. The rail dust particles are pretty bad.

Thanks. I was hoping I could avoid the polishing step. But it sounds like I may not be able to….regardless of having them not touch it. I have all the stuff to do it (I ponied up and bought an Adam's Ultimate Package with Cyclo). Just a very long day to do right. The good thing is that the interior will just need conditioners, not cleaning too.

Sounds like I'll be in for a strip wash, clay, polish, seal, glaze and a couple coats of wax…

Shane

OP
OP
locktech

locktech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ninjazed.

I'm up in Flemington in Hunterdon County. About 30 minutes north of Trenton.

WRAPDUP

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the process is for the mechanics checking off on the vehicles once they arrive? I told the dealer that I didn't want anyone driving it or being behind the wheel for any reason; he said the mechanic has to take it for a quick drive to check off on it. Anyone else heard this?

155mm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered on October 10th, no word from dealer on when they think it might come in, but I didn't really ask them either.