Order date-Pull date-build date and arrival date

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 12951

Ok, I found out some info that I thought would be helpful to others that are waiting, as I am. I've been calling SVT and emailing my dealer (which really hasn't been much help at all) and finally called the Ford Service number. I've also been in contact with Crystal on the F150Forum.com too.

The guy at SVT suggested I call the Ford Service number because he said depending on who you talk to (and who has been there longer) might be able to tell me more than what he can see. That number is 800-392-3673, option 1, 5, 6. It kept hanging up on me as it was reading off the options so I ended up having to call back about 10 times but once you know the options, you can get through it quickly. I spoke with someone, was helpful but couldn't give me any more info than what others have told me. He gave me a case number, took my number and said someone would call me back. I told them NOT to contact my dealer because I can tell they are getting frustrating with me as I keep asking a status update. BTW: My salesman at the dealer said the GM is too busy and they don't want to bother the Regional Zone Rep because he is busy too. They didn't want to get anyone involved until it starts to get past a couple weeks of the ETA. Naturally I want to know more.

Okay, Ford Service called me back. Here is what I found out. They did tell me that this is speculative but is more likely what is happening.

There are several very large parking lots that all the F-150's are going into. They line these up bumper to bumper with no lanes to drive through, packing them in. They are working 3 shifts 24/7 right now to build up inventory so they have more time to retool for the 2015 model. Making nearly 1,000 F-150 a day. The parking lots only have one entrance and exit. If your truck gets into the parking lot and others come next, yours essentially gets buried. The transport rails come along and depending on logistics and delays, they don't get to the back of the lot but more trucks keep getting put into the lot. If you are an unlucky one, your truck might be buried for quite some time. I asked why don't they have a single entrance and a single exit that way there is FIFO method to get them out of there. Said they really don't want to keep moving trucks all the time in the cold so they just sit there until they are moved to transport. If they started taking them from an exit and fill it from the entrance, they eventually have to start bringing them into the exit to keep filling the lot if the rails fall behind. That would make trucks in the middle of the lot buried and a long time to get to them. So no matter how you look at it, there is delays in the lot. For some, you get real lucky, they put your truck in and the rail comes along and it got moved right back out. That is how one truck built a week or so before another one can be behind someone else's that was built a week later, going to the same dealership.

I asked if there was anything I could do. Nope, they aren't going to move around trucks to get to mine. Other dealers and customers are waiting just like me and it wouldn't be fair and mess up the logistics even more.

So here I wait, knowing my truck is just sitting in the lot. Then once on rail, wait again and finally the transport company to the dealer. Based on another comment here, it sounds like for this dealership, once it hits the rail, things move quickly but no guarantees. Some get lucky and other not. Hence why I hate Vegas, Lottery and never gamble.

Hope that helps for those that wonder why nothing is happening after it is built.

Last edited by a moderator:

SHAI HULUD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info RDFTS. I'm going to program that number into my phone now. After reading your post, I get the sense that there are alot of us in the same boat with these dealerships. I can handle all the logistical stuff with Ford and I can handle the wait. What really bothers me is the feeling I get from the dealership itself. Like, "don't bother us, we're busy". I find this part of the process the most frustrating. Zero customer service. Once I committed to buy the truck and placed my down payment they could seemingly care less. I don't know, maybe they are in the same position we are. I should probably start a "Vent your dealership frustrations here" thread.

155mm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess I got lucky that mine was shipped out the same day it was built!

SHAI HULUD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with SVT. My truck is scheduled to be built the week of March 10th! Woo Hoo!!!

MS Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Our baby's are born today!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Yep. So excited. It's been 3 months since I ordered. I just got off the phone with SVT and said expected delivery is between March 1-7. What a great way to start off Spring!!!!!!!!!!!

BigBOSS

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yep. So excited. It's been 3 months since I ordered. I just got off the phone with SVT and said expected delivery is between March 1-7. What a great way to start off Spring!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice! I talked to them yesterday and my expected delivery is between 2-25 and 3-3

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 12951

Dealer emailed me and said my delay is because I ordered the factory spray-in, yeah whatever. I called SVT again, they said that is unlikely. Said my truck not having any update status after produced is very rare and something isn't right. Called Ford Service again, they are saying the same thing, something isn't right. Just my freaking luck, Damn it!

I am screwed!