Order date-Pull date-build date and arrival date

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vinny_c

Reaction score
I ordered my blue SCAB on 1/4/14. DORA on 1/8/14. Now the long wait. Judging by some folks who ordered back in September or October, I think this is going to take a while. That really sucks but at least there's something to look forward to!

ryerle23`

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered 9/6, Vin 12/13, build date 1/14, est dealer delivery 2/3-2/9

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

sashishimo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered around 2 weeks ago and put down a 500 deposit.

I have found a similar model in the area for a similar price....is the dealer able to cancel the order if i decide to buy one from another lot? Im assuming I wouldn't get the deposit back.

ninjazed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in a similar situation. Today I'm visiting the dealer with the argument that they simply cannot deliver my ordered vehicle as promised so I want my deposit back. It was a pretty sizeable deposit too as I wanted to show good faith with those bastards. Then again, I live in a communist state so I'm not sure where the law falls on this issue. In fact, I'm gonna research that right now.

sashishimo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea im in Ca so i can sympathize. Let me know what you find. Is there any obligation to buy the vehicle?

ninjazed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think we're in luck sash. At least in my case, there was no purchase agreement signed and the receipt is simply confirming the amount of money I gave them. It would be a different story if the order was pulled and now financial obligation was on the dealer. But again, in my case, "While the nature of the receipt does not indicate you have the option to receive a refund for changing your mind, at the point you decided not to buy it and advised them of such, you relieved them of the obligation to secure it." Even if my "Family Ford" dealership wants to be ***** about it, I'm sure I'd win this in small claims court.