One and ONLY gas mileage thread please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 12951

Do you sit in a LOT of traffic therefore do a LOT of idling or are you like me and WOT at each stoplight just to get to the next stoplight that much quicker to do it all over again?

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My 2001 SCAB got 15.5mpg in town and 16.5 to 17.0 on the Interstate up until it had about 40K miles on it. Now I get about 14.5 in town and 15.5 on the road. The only time I have gotten mileage as bad as you, manovo, is fully loaded and pulling an overloaded tandem axle U-Haul trailer at 65 to 70 mph.

RDFTS points out that it may be your driving environment rather than your truck, and I think he may be onto something. If you sit in traffic or move slowly in traffic regularly, it may be the only explanation necessary for your awful mileage figures.

Last edited:

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Rdfts is right city driving kills it. When i was doing a 100 mile round trip every day i would get 17, now I'm in the city doing 5 miles every other day i get 6-8 depending on traffic and weight of foot.