On going drive mode controller problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This “ failed” at about 6 months and the dealership tried to fix it 2x. It runs all the modes for raptor modes and when it fails the shocks go full stiff. After it went the 3rd time someone on fb told me to unplug and clean it. That worked. It would continue to do it and I’d continue to clean and use dilectric grease. I went to az this year and put lots of miles on. I come home and it fails again. I decide to fully clean it and no apply grease and take it to the dealer. I find out I’m past my bumper to bumper warranty. When I took it in it was working. It failed immediately and now I’ve cleaned it every day for 5 days , tried grease , no grease and can’t get it working. Any thoughts ?

Attachments

• IMG_4030.jpeg
    IMG_4030.jpeg
    225.8 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_4032.jpeg
    IMG_4032.jpeg
    169.6 KB · Views: 24

FordTechOne

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s not likely your issue; all you’re doing is causing pin wear by repeatedly unplugging it and plugging it back in, potentially causing a separate issue.

Drive modes are controlled by the ATCM on the instrument panel. Without DTCs you’re just guessing, I would recommend getting ForScan and finding out what faults are setting.

OP
OP
G

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The dealer claims there is no codes to see ? I just gave it the most though cleaning ever. Blasted all the grease out with a compressor repeated spraying of contact cleaner and it’s working for the first time since leaving the dealer. Any chance I can argue the warranty issue seeing they did nothing back in the fall ?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
The dealer claims there is no codes to see ? I just gave it the most though cleaning ever. Blasted all the grease out with a compressor repeated spraying of contact cleaner and it’s working for the first time since leaving the dealer. Any chance I can argue the warranty issue seeing they did nothing back in the fall ?
If it’s a repeat issue of something you brought up while under warranty, it’s possible but if it’s an expensive engagement, expect resistance.
@FordTechOne is right - you’re basically shooting in the dark without a light here.

The modules will display DTC’s that don’t necessarily get reflected on the dashboard. They should be stored until cleared - which you can also do with FORSCAN.

FordTechOne

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it has an error message there will be associated DTCs; sounds like they may have cleared by the time the dealer checked.

The warranty end date is concrete, meaning any warranty claim submitted will automatically kick back. Your best avenue is to lean on the dealer that wrote it up as NPF previously.

OP
OP
G

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok thanks. It’s the same dealer and the one I’ve bought 5 raptors from. It’s just failed again