Oil seperator / catch can for the R

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

signalbobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just tried again and was able to get it. I used two mini right angle picks, stubby flat head and used my phone camera as a mirror so I could see where I was prying. I actually started with the intake one, blind side first and then did the single one and it popped right off. After I was able rotate the hose and got the other one.
What did the aftermath look like of the hose and clips?

Matmanand4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am new to the catch can on the supercharged engines. I have read this post and plan on using the UPR product. My question is, with the engine having 9K miles on it, is there any concern with the oil that may have already been collected by the supercharger. I assume not but wanted to ask. Thanks for your input.

2024RaptorR_NOVA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am new to the catch can on the supercharged engines. I have read this post and plan on using the UPR product. My question is, with the engine having 9K miles on it, is there any concern with the oil that may have already been collected by the supercharger. I assume not but wanted to ask. Thanks for your input.
Anything possible, you wouldn’t know unless you removed it and inspected it. No doubt there is some in there but how much would depends on the actual engine, usage etc.

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just put my UPR on....just about easiest install ever.

UPR 1.jpg

So does anyone know the purpose of this piece which has a threaded hole in it? Only thing I can think of is to add stability as it wedges against the battery box.

Block.jpg

And I am always surprised by all the tape used during truck assembly that never holds. Found all this tape hanging off various places in the passenger-side engine bay. The green cap was sitting on the passenger-side valve cover just wedged between couple of wires....could not find any where it is supposed to go. Any ideas?

UPR Trash.jpg

Matmanand4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just put mine on and I agree, very easy install. I agree on that threaded piece, stability is about the only purpose. Unless it is used on other vehicles for mounting and just a universal piece.

HAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just put my UPR on....just about easiest install ever.

View attachment 461704

So does anyone know the purpose of this piece which has a threaded hole in it? Only thing I can think of is to add stability as it wedges against the battery box.

View attachment 461705

And I am always surprised by all the tape used during truck assembly that never holds. Found all this tape hanging off various places in the passenger-side engine bay. The green cap was sitting on the passenger-side valve cover just wedged between couple of wires....could not find any where it is supposed to go. Any ideas?

View attachment 461707
Typically these tape remnants are left from the harness assembly. They are normally found at support points or connector connections. Caps are used to protect sensitive equipment from static and EMI damage until fully installed.