Oh no... Rattle Noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I believe it was rear pad rattle. I just replaced rear calipers with a set of power stop, I’m running R1 pads.

435tah

Reaction score
Well, I will try to make this as short as possible. I’ve searched similar threads but figured I’d make my own and provide my own videos.

Long story short, took my truck in a few weeks ago for warranty work (Esp 100K PremiumCare Warranty) 3 small leaks & drivers side seat heaters. Well while it was also in there, I had them check out a rattling/clanking noise coming from the driver’s side, sounds like something it loose. It's very noticeable at slower neighborhood speeds from 10-30mph. I'm sure it's there at higher road speeds around 40mph or so but hard to hear with road/wind noise.

Fast forward, truck was in there for 2 weeks just to get the dang leaks fixed & the seat heaters replaced. The service rep briefly told me the rattling/clank noise was due to the tires being very worn (they have maybe 3,000-5000 miles left) but that didn’t make any sense to me how a worn tire can cause the noise.

Got the truck back and the noise was actually worse. Emailed them and the manager got ahold of me to bring it in again to fix the issue (seems like they didn’t even attempt to the first time). Fast forward, I showed the service rep the videos and they determined it was the drivers side lower control arm bushings that failed, so they completely replaced the drivers side control arm and bushings, they had the truck for 10 days to do this. Just got it back yesterday and the noise is still friggin there and just as loud. Not to mention there is this dang whistling noise now that is very faint but I can hear it, I know I'm not going crazy.

Sorry for the long post but I will attach 2 different videos of the noise and hope some of you guys can help pinpoint the problem?

I’ll be getting involved with the manager this time but waiting a few days to do so just because I am too busy to take it in again until next week.

Thanks guys - Links to videos are below

I just watched these videos and this is the exact sound mine is making. Would you be able to tell me what the issue/fix was?