Oh no... Rattle Noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
Not sure if this is your issue but it's a well known rattle problem....exhaust heat shield being loose due to, I believe, coming loose at the riveted end mount.

OP
OP
RubyDaCherry

RubyDaCherry

Reaction score
The reason I ask the question is I did new R1 rotors and pads had the same rattle, at low speed and wash board type bumps produced the same rattle. I talked to R1 they said yep replace your brake clips mine was the driver side front. Replaced all 4 corners and rattle is gone.

well before I bought it they looked it over and supposedly checked out the common things like brakes and all that. I was thinking it could be something with the brakes. Whatever it is, it sounds like something loose not necessarily broken.

Reaper308

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The sound I had was a loose pad in the in the caliper due to the loose brake clips it was definitely a rattle good luck.

M_NorthRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my truck back and parts will be in for Wednesday.
The tech is not 100% on it but thinks it could be my shocks (specifically passenger side rear). He thinks it could be something in the shock. So we will see Wednesday what happens.
I'm a little skeptical on it but won't say no to that. I will check more under the truck this weekend. Check brakes like other posts mentioned too.

970rap

Reaction score
I recently had my sway bar end links replaced under warranty. They had failed, which was causing a sort of clang/bang sound from the front end when going over small bumps. Not sure that's your issue, it doesn't really sound like mine did but it's a little hard to tell from the video.

OP
OP
RubyDaCherry

RubyDaCherry

Reaction score
I got my truck back and parts will be in for Wednesday.
The tech is not 100% on it but thinks it could be my shocks (specifically passenger side rear). He thinks it could be something in the shock. So we will see Wednesday what happens.
I'm a little skeptical on it but won't say no to that. I will check more under the truck this weekend. Check brakes like other posts mentioned too.

Yeah mine is definitely not the rear shocks or shocks at all for that matter, it's up near the driver's side wheel/engine. Let me know!!!!

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a similar issue on my 18'. sway bar links. the first time they said they needed to be retorqued. wrong. noise was back in a day. then they replaced them. that fixed it. not sure if thats your problem or not. mine was more noticeable on driver sided.

its extremely annoying that these techs are pretty much parts changers and are not the greatest at diagnosis

FordTechOne

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am having the EXACT same issue / noise with my Raptor. Anyone figure this out?
Go under your truck and check for play in the sway bar end link lower joints.

I just brought my truck in for the same issue. I told the service writer the RF sway bar end link is loose and it clangs over bumps. They kept it 3 days and when I picked it up they wrote it as “No Problem Found”. Seriously? I literally told them what was wrong and they did nothing. Wasn’t a good conversation with that service writer afterward.