Offroad Alliance Fog Light Kits

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

91Eunos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Woot!

Phase one of lighting complete! And those “low power” KC Flex lites are bright as hell! May have to add some tint to the amber covers:

i-5mX2PQ4-X3.jpg

Love that the lights are so bright it washes everything out, but you can see the reflection of each individual LED in the rain water:

i-zqjzPHq-X3.jpg

Have only had the truck a little over a month and believe I waited too long to add these lights. Big difference...

Stock low beams:
i-JvLM4Vx-X3.jpg

Stock brights:
i-dtf7769-X3.jpg

With the wide corner and amber flex lites:
i-kTXMSRh-X3.jpg

And finally, all 6 lights plus high beams:
i-qkkcLK7-X3.jpg

The extra light and throw from the spots is much more than what’s apparent in this picture, but I think I’m going to tilt the spots up a few degrees anyway. Will make my final decision after the XLs on A-pillar mounts go in and I get them aimed.

Thanks again to FRL for building such a great kit!

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the info and pics. I'm ready to order as well. I'd like to run the ambers relayed off the truck's amber driving lights more for show to balance the front end (there I said it. LOL) and not worried about really lighting the road with them. I'd really like to match the output of the 3 small stock lights above the grill, only larger. Is there more of a LED marker light solution for those amber outboard lights? Reasearching .....

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the info and pics. I'm ready to order as well. I'd like to run the ambers relayed off the truck's amber driving lights more for show to balance the front end (there I said it. LOL) and not worried about really lighting the road with them. I'd really like to match the output of the 3 small stock lights above the grill, only larger. Is there more of a LED marker light solution for those amber outboard lights? Reasearching .....
That sounds kind of like what I'm currently running. I bought some amber covers, but the lights were still too bright. I put a couple layers of window tint on the inside of the amber covers and finally got a close match to the stock marker lights. It would be a bit of a PITA, but I can remove the amber covers if I need to.

SAM_0664.JPG SAM_0765.JPG

BendSprinter

Reaction score
Got mine in as well. Watched a YouTube video with my exact lights - 2 hour installation time they say... 5 hours later and some swearing and they’re in! Supplemented the included instructions with the video tips and it was technically easy. Physically getting them installed was cumbersome.

Just have to aim the lights now, mine are all over the place- anyone have an easy way to do that?

Last edited:

91Eunos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everything’s installed and finalized the wiring:

i-D7QPG63-X3.jpg

The custom wiring loom made for this setup with connectors for two Baja Design lights and the KC Flex was just about perfect. Really well made, and a nice option that I strongly recommend.

My only recommendation is that the loom needs to be about 2’ longer to route the way I would have preferred...between the battery and fender instead of on the inner (motor) side of the battery tray. That said, this routing works fine, and actually is a straighter run to the upfitter wires, with the loom tucking in nicely under the battery box lip.

There’s also a convenient hole in the battery tray for one zip tie; straight up from where you route the loom up from the bumper lights:

i-5Q64SfJ-X3.jpg

And that little stub projection off the battery box makes a nice pivot point for the harness to curve around as well (will drill a hole for a zip tie just below that too).

I did drill a hole up on the rear edge of the battery box for a zip tie to hold the loom tight just where I split the ground out and extended it to head to the passenger side fender for a grounding point:

i-R9LsrS3-X3.jpg

And a quick pic of my ground wire extension:

i-pRSsg69-X3.jpg

...connected on passenger fender wall, along with the ground for the A-pillar mounted XLs:

i-dvsPfxJ-X3.jpg

This ground wire runs along the back (firewall side) lip on the battery tray (drilled another hole for a zip tie on that side as well), and comes up from underneath the washer fluid tubing to connect to the grounding point.

Have to pick up some split loom and reinforced electrical wrap/tape this week to complete this project, but the wiring itself was very straightforward:

i-6kfj48q-X3.jpg

Switch 1 (15 Amp): Reserved for future light bar or winch

Switch 2 (15 Amp): Baja Design XL-80 driving/combo on SDHQ A-pillar mounts

Switch 3 (10 Amp): Baja Design Squadron Pro spot lights; inboard position in FRL mount

Switch 4 (10 Amp): Baja Design Squadron Pro wide cornering; middle position in FRL mount

Switch 5 (5 Amp): KC Flex Lights with amber covers; outer position in FRL mount

Switch 6 (5 Amp): Tailgate release switch; sold by FRF member @Ruby in the classifieds here

Will likely combine some of the lights and run them through a relay as I add stuff to this truck... but very happy with the current configuration and that this foglight kit was my first “real” modification. Looks like it came from the factory this way...and what should have been there from Ford!

Nice piece of kit...

Highly recommended, and Bonnie the Border Collie approved!

i-Hjw7Gmz-X3.jpg

Last edited:

Swamp Fox

Reaction score
So many lights are plastic today, either the front where the glass use to be or the housing which use to be metal or both. Who is making lights that are still metal and glass?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tday1103